Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Waiting For Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waiting For Period
evilmisfit
Neophyte
Member # 9909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilmisfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm supposed to start sometime soon, and I'm definitely showing signs so I know I will but I was wondering if it's weird I wear a pad right before I'm supposed to start? I'm afraid of leaking. Also, when I use tampons, I have to wear a pad with it because I leak after a few hours.. even if I use a Super sized Tampon. I don't know. I don't even flow that heavy. I think maybe I'm just getting the wrong shaped ones or something.

I want to wear these pants tomorrow, but I have to wear a thong, and I'd wear a pantiliner with it, but I'm scared I'll start.

Posts: 27 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's fine to wear a pantiliner when you think you're close to starting. but if i were you, i'd hold off on wearing those cute, tight pants.

------------------
Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilmisfit
Neophyte
Member # 9909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilmisfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I don't think wearing the pants would be a good idea either. So if I were to wear regular underwear, do you think a regular pantiliner would be safe?
Posts: 27 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
absolutely. it's what i do, and i have had no problems as long as i switch to a real pad once my period does kick in.

------------------

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilmisfit
Neophyte
Member # 9909

Yeah, I'm just scared that I'll leak still even using the pantiliner... I mean before I switch to a pad after I've noticed I've started.

Did that make any sense? lol.

[This message has been edited by evilmisfit (edited 12-12-2002).]

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

well, as long as you notice pretty soon after you start, you will be just fine. if you have a tendency not to notice for several hours, then worry.

------------------

evilmisfit
Neophyte
Member # 9909

hahah. hey thanks. i really appreciate it. do you ever wear a thong and pantiliner before you start though?
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

i hate thongs to say the least. but it's not like i wear granny panties. yes, i usually wear a liner before i'm supposed to start. but it is possible to feel when the bleeding starts. if i sense that it has, then i run to the bathroom and change. it's no biggie.

------------------

evilmisfit
Neophyte
Member # 9909

Icon 10 posted      Profile for evilmisfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah okay. Hey, thanks again. I really mean it.
lilladie9808
Neophyte
Member # 10850

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lilladie9808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey i wear thongs when im on my period and i use these thong pantiliners and they seem to work well except if you have a heavy flow and if you have a heavy flow i would give you the great advice of wearing grranny pannies
Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the thong pantyliners are still fairly new on the market, they're expensive, which doesn't really make all that much sense to me to buy them. When you're on your period, why not just hold off on wearing a thong? Makes more sense and is more efficient.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summerkiss
Neophyte
Member # 11029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summerkiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're really worried, you can always wear a pad just to be on the safe side i guess. at least you won't be worried at all throughout the day
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1MegMeg
Neophyte
Member # 11033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1MegMeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Carefree thong pantyliners aren't too expensive and they have little wings so they stay in place. I have tried the Always brand - they are more expensive and they tend to shift...not a good thing!

I haven't had any problems with leaking if I wear a thong pantyliner and a super size tampon.

------------------
Weep not sad soul, nor forget, that sunrise never failed us yet.

Posts: 2 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buy Always Thong Pantiliners here...

And amazingly, Stayfree Thong Maxipads here!

------------------
~*True friends are those who, When you make a fool of yourself, Don't believe that this condition is permanent.

~*People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.