Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Boobs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boobs?
playgirl01_18
Neophyte
Member # 10674

Icon 3 posted      Profile for playgirl01_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there.
I was wondering if you could help me...
First things first, i like my body in general and alot of people say i have a figure like a model. However, i wish my boobs were bigger.
Is there any method that can enlarge them with out havin an op. I've been on the pill before and i understand as a side effect the pill can make them larger. as it worked for i while, as soon as i came off the pill, they got smaller.
So is there anything that i can do?
Thanx for ur help.
Lv Playgirl xxx

Posts: 9 | From: Newcastle, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breast size is based on genetics and weight. And that really is all.

There are no pills, herbs exercises or what have you that will enlarge your breasts. Some women have weight gain on the pill which may occur in the breasts as well as other places, but that's not a given.

Our bodies aren't like buying clothes -- for the most part, they come as-is, and the best thing we can do is care for them as best we can and accept them as they are. The size of one's breasts is the size of one's breasts and changing them with surgery won't change how you feel about your body or pretty much any other aspect of your life, because body acceptance is all in your head.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of times there are things you can do to alter your body, but never are they healthy. Why change something you were born with? It's YOURS and you should be proud to have it. Think of all of the women who don't have breasts at all because of breast cancer. You're very lucky! Don't dwell on what you don't have and appreciate what you do have.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*SnUgGleBuG*~
Neophyte
Member # 10837

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ~*SnUgGleBuG*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hun Im new to this sight but from reading others posts and archives I would have to say that there are many girls like yourself that have worries about the size of their breasts.But the truth is there is nothing to be ashamed of or mad about!!! People are NOT going to think any less of you for the size of your boobs and if anything they will see much more beautiful qualitys
Getting implants or falling for them chezzy t.v adds stateing that there miracle pill will make your breasts larger is not a good idea either! implants are just gona cost to much moola and if anything most likely pose probs as you get older!! you should be happy with what ya GOT! and plus being told that you look like a super model is quite the compliment if I heard one
I hope this helps you out and makes you feel better about the things you may be dwelling on! good luck babe!!

Posts: 19 | From: SoMeWhErE!:P | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playgirl01_18
Neophyte
Member # 10674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playgirl01_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Snuglebug!
Jus a quick msg to thanks for ur msg!
U and Daydreamer24 really cheered me up. In general im happy with myself and u made me realise that im fine the way i am.... thank u! I was looking for an email address ov ur's to thank u but u dont hav 1!
Nevermind. Would be nice to hear from u.
Thank u again.
Luv Playgirl xxx
**No need to quote a message that's still here!**

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 12-05-2002).]

Posts: 9 | From: Newcastle, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mods (Advocates and Sexperts) can be reached by e-mail (find the links at the top of forum pages), but other users can not, and posting e-mail addresses is contrary to our Guidelines. I'm really glad you got the help you wanted, and would encourage you to do the communicating you want to on these boards. It's also not necessary to quote the message you're replying to.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Why don't you find out for yourself?
Then you'll see the glass hidden in the grass

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hilikus
Neophyte
Member # 10864

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hilikus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am, in fact a guy(16yo). I also, in fact dont give a flaming hell about the size of breasts. Thing is, not saying this is your problem just "could be", that maybe your trying to impress guys who might look for this in a girlfriend. *Ahem* if this is indeed the problem find yourself some different guys...Sorry not really any help besides that but just want to points out that yes...we are jerks

p.s. then again, you may be 35 or so, in this case NEVERMIND and sorry

------------------
~The problem is only what it makes you~

Posts: 20 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*SnUgGleBuG*~
Neophyte
Member # 10837

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ~*SnUgGleBuG*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im glad that we helped you out !! and Im glad that you realized that you are fine the way you are!
anytime you need help we'll all be here! have a good one hunnie!

Posts: 19 | From: SoMeWhErE!:P | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playgirl01_18
Neophyte
Member # 10674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playgirl01_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi hilikus.
Jus a quick note to say a big thanks!
The few times iv posted msg on here u hav all been such a big help!
Thank u!
U made me realise that mayby i am trying to impress sum1 or people. But thanx cos there's really no point in bein what im not!
I dont think all boys/men are jerks... from what u said i dont think u r!
Than again.
Luv Gemma (playgirl01_18)
xxxxx

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In case you were curious about what people think of breast size and how they feel about their own breasts, check out this thread:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000668.html

I'd recommend reading it over, maybe it'll give you a little insight about your original question.

------------------
Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IIWafflekittyII
Neophyte
Member # 10924

Icon 11 posted      Profile for IIWafflekittyII     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I don't know. I mean, try to be satistfied with your body. One day you think your breast are too big, the next, theyr'e too small. Try to like the body you were made with

Oh yes...besides surgery, there is no real way to get a bigger bust. It's all lies. I don't care what anyone says. LIES. Besides surgery, the only way I see you could get a bigger bust was if you gained more weight. But of coarse, that would be bad for your health.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just an FYI: gaining weight is not automatically bad for your health.

However, you're right in that altering your weight simply to adjust the size of a specific body part is a bad idea. It's near impossible to gain or lose weight in just one spot.

Bottom line: consult a doctor before planning weight loss or gain.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.