Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Severe Pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Severe Pain
CuriouS GeorgE
Activist
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CuriouS GeorgE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody.... Just a quick question. For the whole day now, I've been feeling pretty sick. At around 1:00pm I had a headache. I guess it had been slowly building up until I really noticed it around that time. Anyways. With that headache, I felt extremely nauseous and dizzy and my vision was blurred. It was blurred for about 2 1/2 hours. It's not anymore, but I still have a bad headache and feel as if I am going to vomit. Anybody have any idea why this might be? My mom thinks it's because of my period, but I highly doubt that. When I get "period headaches" they're not like this. I can't get to a doctor tonight, and even if I could, my mom wouldn't take me, so I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone or if anyone might know what's going on. Also, I tend to get headaches (and really bad headaches) pretty often and it's not just in one place, it's all over. It's seem to have gotten a little better as the night goes on, but I'll be fine when I'm sitting, (the dizziness) then as soon as I get up, I get extremely dizzy again.....
A little help please? Thanks!

------------------
CuRioUs GeoRGe

Love is an irrisistable desire to be irrisistably desired.
-Robert Frost

Posts: 76 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't tell you for sure, but that sounds like a migrane. I think you should go on ahead to your docters and find out what the problem is. That sounds like a lot of pain to deal with.

------------------
"If you had soup like I had soup you'd never leave the house either!"
-Hawksley Workman

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *B*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Celtic Daisy is right, that sounds a LOT like a migraine. I get them, but to a lesser extent. You really need to go to the doctor and find out for sure though ans they can prescribe medication to ease the pain. A lot of food can be triggers for migraines like chocolate ect so you probably should find out what you could cut down on to maybe reduce the chance of getting any.

I can sympathise with you so i hope you feel better soon!

------------------
-*B*-

Posts: 110 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to get migraines and headaches a lot also. I rarely eat chocolate now, and blow dry my hair before going to bed. That might give you headaches. I hardly ever get them anymore, though. Here's a link to migraines and headaches for more info:
Migraines (click)

Taken fromt he link above:

"Attacks of migraine headache may be associated with allergic reactions, bright lights, loud noises, relaxation after a period of physical or mental stress, prolonged muscle tension (or tension headache), lack of sleep, smoking or exposure to tobacco smoke, missed meals, specific foods, alcohol use, caffeine, menstrual periods, use of oral contraceptives (birth control pills), and other conditions. Foods associated with migraine include foods containing the amino acid tyramine (red wine, aged cheese, smoked fish, chicken livers, figs, some beans), chocolates, nuts, peanut butter, fruits (avocado, banana, citrus fruit), onions, dairy products, baked goods, meats containing nitrates (bacon, hot dogs, salami, cured meats), foods containing monosodium glutamate (an additive in many foods), and any processed, fermented, pickled, or marinated foods."

Hope that helped! Deanna

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-22-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.