Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Taste of a kiss

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Taste of a kiss
Member # 3158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dayglodreamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Recently, my boyfriend told me that the taste of my kiss has changed....for the worst. I don't understand how or why this could happen. I brush twice a day and use mouthwash. Does anyone have any advice for why this is happening and what I can do to make it better?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you changed anything in your diet recently? Or has he stopped eating something that you still eat? Or has one of you started/stopped smoking?
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since how someone's mouth tastes isn't static -- in other words, it changes from hour to hour, and day to day depending on what ytou've eaten, what state of health you're in, etc. -- someone's kiss really can't have one particular taste or another permanently unless you're talkinng about the taste of a lip gloss or something.

So, either your boyfriend is being esoteric, or maybe you have a cavity or mouth infection he's been tasting, or maybe you've changed lip balms.

But unless he has something specific to say about that, it just sounds a bit bizarre to me. Has your relationship been changing? In other words, is it possible he's being passive-aggresive?

Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another suggestion that I picked up from my cousin was to brush your tongue. If you look at your tongue and it has little white specks on it, it's lovely bacteria that is making your breath smell and mouth taste funny. When you brush your teeth, afterwards, just stick your tongue out (avoiding the *gag* spots) and carefully brush your tongue also.

"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, Blackbird is right, bacteria like to live on the tongue hense giving you some nasty breath. There's this thing called a tongue scraper (yes i know it sounds horrible) but it actually does work. It's supposed to scrape all the bacteria off of the tongue. I think you could get it at any grocery store or supermarket.

*A person that asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, a person who doesn't is a fool forever*

[This message has been edited by golden101 (edited 07-27-2001).]

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tongue scrapers are actually, pretty useless. your toothbrush can do just was well. i brush my tongue regularly. it makes my mouth feel better, and it does taste better afterwards.

do you have any throat infections, mouth sores and the like? those could also make your mouth taste blargh!

"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.