Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Cures For Warts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cures For Warts
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I guess this is general health.
Well, I have a few little warts on my fingers and my knee. They're not huge and revolting but, obviously, I'd like to get rid of them. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good ways of doing so. The last time I had one on my knee I had it removed with a hot wire by the doctor, but i don't really want to go through that again.
At the moment, I'm trying tea tree oil (my mother's cure for absolutely everything!), but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Haven't stuck with it for long though.
So, if anyone has any tips please let me know. Cheers!
Oooh, also, is it definitely true that you can't contract genital warts from normal warts? Because I would have thought it was the same virus.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi BJ,

I personally recommend that you go to your doc to have them removed. They can either be burned away or iced away, as far as I know. I know that Tea rea oil has wonderous effects, but I seriously doubt it will help in removing warts.

In regards to warts somewhere on the body and genital warts caused by HPV:
All warts are caused by viral infection. However, Human Papilloma Virus is not *one* kind of virus but a whole bunch of them (actually about 60 strains) that cause warts on different areas of the body. Some strains of HPV (about one third of them) do so on and inside the genitals, and others on the hands and the soles of your feet.

So while the warts on your hands can very well be caused by some strain of HPV, you most likely can't give yourself genital warts from masturbating with that hand because the HPV strain on your hand is probably limited to the area where they already are. They generally do not *jump* areas (i.e. from hands to genitals). Same thing but different thing, too.

Makes sense?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's lotsa stuff at the drugstore you can try. The best stuff is usually clear in a little bottle but you have to be really careful that you only get it on the wart and not any surrounding skin, cause it can burn you. Heh, i know from experience.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much, I think I'm gonna get down to the doctors some time soon.
I love having access to such knowledgable people!

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.