Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » over eating!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: over eating!!
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been a person who doesn't eat alot. I've always eaten 3 meals a day, but I would usually eat a little and be filled up. Now recently I have been eating ALOT! I'll eat breakfast, then lunch, and after lunch I would get hungry again. After dinner too. Plus, I have been eating everything on my plate, plus snacks. A couple weeks ago I had lost 4 pounds, now I've gained two back. What could be the cause of this? Could I be going through a growth spurt? Someone please help, I'm getting worried that I will eat like this forever, and keep gaining weight.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're eating when you're hungry, you're probably just fine. Your body may be gearing up to do some growing (either height wise or maturationally, in terms of adding muscle mass, etc.), or you may just have a little blip in your normal metabolic patterns... sometimes it happens!

I find that I occasionally have phases where either I'm just not very hungry very often, and thus don't eat much (and usually end up losing weight because of that)... and sometimes I have phases where I'm hungry as heck and could eat a half a horse four times daily (and sometimes I gain a little because of that, but sometimes not, it depends on what else is going on in my life). I generally don't get too stressed out by it either way, since I've seen it go both ways and it never seems to last too terribly long at any extreme.

Give it some time and see how you feel in a week or two. If it hasn't settled down by then, and you want to talk to a health practitioner about it, then that might be a good idea. Every once in a great while, a really sharp change in appetite level is due to some underlying medical cause, so if it seems like it's not just some weird little phase, you might wanna talk to a professional.

Otherwise, just make sure you're getting good balanced nutrition! Pass the pasta and salad!

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Hanne said, as long as you're eating healthy I wouldn't worry about it. Your body let's you know what feels right for you.

I noticed something... when I went away on vacation I was eating a lot more (I know--everyone does that) simply because the food was so delicious. When I came back home I was sorta in the swing of snacking morning, noon, and night and I was eating a lot more than I usually do at home. Now I'm pretty much back to normal, but I guess it means that your environment can change your diet.

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah. the important thing is to be healthy.

I forget how old you are. It could just be good ol' adolescence. Lord knows when I was 14, I could pack it away like it was nobody's business. Adolescents do have more demanding dietary needs to accomodate accelerated growth.

But if you are worried about your eating habits, then whether something gets done is up to you. you control what you eat and how much. So if your perceived overeating bothers you, then maybe choose healthy snacks instead. or don't take in more than you need to function properly (do NOT read this as a call to crash diet!!!).

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about it, it may be your bodies way of getting healthier for a growth spurt or it may just be getting your weight back to what it should be (in your bodies mind). Healthy eating is never bad so of course go for that, but don't worry about it we all go in phases
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.