Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » freckles and bumps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: freckles and bumps
cheerleader01
Neophyte
Member # 3358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheerleader01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have freckles really bad and I want to know how to get them off my face. And I have these bumps on my cheeks I have went to the doctor about them but he gives me medicine and they go away but in a month they are back, do you have any advice.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinupGirl
Neophyte
Member # 2820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinupGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the freckles, there are all kinds of over the counter creams designed to make them less noticeable. Basically the creams make the freckles lighter, though I don't know how safe/good for the skin they are. I would definitely just make a trip back to your dermatologist and ask him about the freckles and the bumps. He or She'll be able to help you much better than I can.
Posts: 32 | From: Sacremento, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yo!

Freckles rock. As a lifelong freckle face, and someone whose freckle face has been seen by hundreds of thousands of folks, lemme tell you that of all the comments I get about my looks, little notes about how lovley and luminous freckles are are at the top of the list.

Yes, you could bleach out your face. But since freckles are a part of your natural coloring, you'll probably look very strange, and bvleaching your skin isn't good for it, especially if you have another skin condition.

They aren't something "one has bad." They are the pattern of your own natrual melatonin. And not only are they fine, they're beautiful. Love who you are. It'll change your life and it's free. No muss, no fuss.

In terms of "bumps" that really depends on what they are.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 06-05-2001).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have those bumps on my face too. The truth is, there really isn't much you can do about it. I think it's mostly dry skin. Believe me, no one really notices them. Don't worry, they always seem worse to the person who has them, then they do to everybody else.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got so many freckles it's unbelievable. They used to (and sometimes still do) bother the heck out of me, but I learned to accept. Using cover-up can help... but why hide it? If you look in a lot of magazines so many models these days are freckle-faced. A lot of people also grow out of their freckles. If you get them from the sun just remember to wear SPF or sit in the shade. (You should wear SPF anyway, but there's an added reason if you really dislike them)
Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead Dog
Activist
Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dead Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my freckles used to embarrass the hell out of me, until about a billion and one different guys i knew - boyfriends, friends, strangers, coworkers, teachers, etc. - all told me repeatedly that freckles are really cute and pretty. i started looking at them differently, and realized how strange i would look to myself without all those cute little bumps across my nose and cheeks. i started to get really attached to my freckles, and now i flaunt them. yay for freckle-faces!

i want a "freckle pride" bumper sticker now... *smirk*

------------------
make no mistake: i am the queen of the dorks. http://dead-dog.diaryland.com

[This message has been edited by Dead Dog (edited 06-29-2001).]

Posts: 61 | From: texas - yeehaw, or something | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i didn't really know that i had freckles until someone pointed them out to me. i just never paid attention. yes, i'm SO vain, aren't i? i don't think that there is anything wrong with them though. it's not like someone is sitting there going "oh my..look at that girl with the freckles!"

natural beauty should not be toyed with.

------------------
"It beats me how Freud could say 'What do women want?' as if we all must want the same things." --Katharine Whitehorn, English journalist

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.