Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Hunger vs. appetite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hunger vs. appetite
LacieC
Activist
Member # 33142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LacieC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok heres the thing...I've been almost a week without feeling hungry. Normally I get nasty stomach pains and have to eat. Now for the last week I just never feel hungry although food sounds good and still tastes good when I do eat. I'm only eating because I know the health risks of just not eating. I finally got pre-natal vitamins because I know they are better formulated. I know I'm not pregnant, as I just got off of a nasty cycle. I'm not sure why suddenly I'm just not getting hungry. I am also quite tired recently and I think it's lack of fuel but when I do eat, it only takes a few bites and my stomach is full and hurts. I think I may have to get some of those meal replacement thinks just to make sure I'm getting the nutrients that I need...I'm starting to get a little worried...
Posts: 108 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
How's your mood and health lately LacieC ?

Do you personnally have any idea what might possibly be linked to your decreased appetite ?

[ 12-16-2008, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LacieC
Activist
Member # 33142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LacieC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't a clue...it's just so odd...everything else is about the same. I am planning a wedding but I'm not stressed about it. The only other thing really coming up is our first christmas party at our new house but even that isn't a real big deal. The only other thing I've been feeling is super sleepy. I never really seem to feel awake.

I do know that before my last period we thought I might be pregnant because I'd skipped a period the month before. I wasn't, and hadn't really been sold that I was. I'm on the pill but I'm not perfect at it but it isn't a huge concern one way or the other. During the holidays I get really bad about remembering because everyone else makes a big deal about it if I take it and they see. It's not taboo in my family but they are just wierd about actually seeing me take it.

(sorry I got a little side tracked)

Posts: 108 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Per your fatigue, are you getting enough sleep, how much sleep are you getting ? Is your fatigue constant throughout the day ?

Do you feel depressed ? Are you sick or covering some kind of infection right now ?

Have you noticed anything else beside your decreased appetite and fatigue, any changes ?

What I'd say is to keep trying to eat at least a little something every 4 hours or whenever you feel you're physically hungry.

If that does not get any better in a week, then I think your best bet would be to schedule an appointment to your GP to discuss that.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LacieC
Activist
Member # 33142

I get anywhere from 8-12 hours a night...it's crazy because I feel so tired and then end up just laying in bed staring at the ceiling..

Nope no depression. Not sick or have any infections that I'm aware of anyways.

I don't feel physically hungry. I'm not getting "hunger pangs/pains" or anything. I just know that I have to eat. The desire to eat is there and food looks good, just once I eat a little I start to feel like I'm going to burst so I quit.

Ok thanks!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.