Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » bleeding after masturbating?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding after masturbating?
SIS
Neophyte
Member # 38364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all.

i have a question, is it normal for me to have some bleeding after i climax after masturbating?

first off, i'm a big girl, so my period has always been screwed up, it's never on schedule and sometimes i go a long time with out having one.

but it seems like no matter what time of month it is, whenever i masturbate and climax, it brings down some blood. i do some minor squirting when i orgasm and blood always comes down with the fluid.

actually it's usually a fairly big clot followed by light bleeding, it never last more than a few hours, but i have to go sit on the toilet and then put on a pad immediately after, which is annoying in the middle of the night.

so is this normal, should i be concerned? is this just backed up menstrual fluid or what? thanks in advance!

[ 07-01-2008, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: SIS ]

Posts: 3 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you have irregular periods, then possibly, but your body should be clearing your system out on it´s own. You might want to see your gynecologist and let them know what´s going on so they can check you out. Bleeding while masturbating is not common in women, although it could be that your just not fully aroused before you begin to touch yourself. Is your body producing enough lubrication on it´s own? You might want to go to the store and buy some lubricant, KY Jelly, or Astrolube are two kinds that are mostly used. Make sure you are well lubricated. If the problem persists, again, see your gynecologist. Good luck! [Smile]

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your size shouldn't impact your menstrual cycle, so if you've started your period more than five years ago and it's still very irregular, that's something you'll want to check in with your gynecologist or general physician about.

Bleeding when ejaculating -- in other words, having blood appear from your urethra, as well as from your vagina -- is also something I'd have looked into. It seems you're describing bleeding from two different sites, and that is, in my mind, troubling.

Too, menstrual blood doesn't really clot -- mainly since blood is only one part of menses -- so if you really are seeing clots, not endometrial tissue at times you are, indeed, menstruating, that's something else to bring up with a doctor.

Certainly, when we orgasm, that causes contractions which can shake out some menstrual flow, but that really should only be happening as periods start, during the period, or just after a period.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67925 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIS
Neophyte
Member # 38364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
Your size shouldn't impact your menstrual cycle, so if you've started your period more than five years ago and it's still very irregular, that's something you'll want to check in with your gynecologist or general physician about.

Bleeding when ejaculating -- in other words, having blood appear from your urethra, as well as from your vagina -- is also something I'd have looked into. It seems you're describing bleeding from two different sites, and that is, in my mind, troubling.

Too, menstrual blood doesn't really clot -- mainly since blood is only one part of menses -- so if you really are seeing clots, not endometrial tissue at times you are, indeed, menstruating, that's something else to bring up with a doctor.

Certainly, when we orgasm, that causes contractions which can shake out some menstrual flow, but that really should only be happening as periods start, during the period, or just after a period.

ohh i was always told that because of my weight, my period would always be irregular. i guess i should have that checked out.

so an the contractions caused by an orgasm can bring down some menstrual fluid? i think that's probably the problem.

i guess i should still make an appointment with the doctor just in case.

thanks for the advice everyone

Posts: 3 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisabear89
Neophyte
Member # 39074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisabear89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're using your fingers to masturbate, make sure they're cut. The walls of the vagina are pretty sensitive and can tear easily. I've had that problem before a few times. If this is the case for you, give your body a few days to heal, but I would definitely call the doctor just to check things out.

[ 07-03-2008, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: lisabear89 ]

Posts: 23 | From: somewhere. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.