Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Pubic hair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pubic hair
MagicMarkers92
Neophyte
Member # 38953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicMarkers92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I've been shaving my entire downstairs since my pubes started to grow. I don't really know why, but they always creeped me out a little and I've always felt much better when I'm smoothy smooth. So I've stuck with it.
I'm fifteen now, so thats about three years worth of shaving.

ANYWAY

I've been dating my boyfriend (a year older) for over a year now, and recently met his "little buddy". However, I hadnt realized how much pubic hair he actually had until I went down on him. Oh my god. There is so much. I commented on it and he was basically like "oh well".

I don't know what to think, because not only does it creep me out a little (remember my issues?), but it gets in the way because its either up my nose or getting caught under my hand - which isn't pleasant. I've been living with it for a few months, and while I love this boy to death - they're really wuite a bit of a turn off for me.

Can anyone suggest a way to suggest a trim? or something? He's very closed minded about a lot of things. Claims they're "weird". And he knows me, a lot of his female friends, and a few guy friend meddle with their "down-there-hair".
I don't want him to get rid of it all, I'd just rather there wasn't so much that it makes me need to sneeze whenever I go down on him.
Any ideas?

Posts: 2 | From: NJ | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you mentioned to him at all that you would like for him to trim (or something)? [Smile] It's very hard for people to read minds-- I've been trying for a long time.

When it comes down to it, shaving is really a personal preference. By all means, you may suggest to him in the lieu of conversation, "Have you ever considered trimming?" (or however you would feel comfortable going about that) but in the end, it remains his choice whether he wants to or not.

(And pubic hair really shouldn't creep you out too much. After all, it's totally natural and is hardly different than the hair on our heads. [Smile] )

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.