Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Boyfriend's penis too big for my vagina?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boyfriend's penis too big for my vagina?
cxmxmxx
Neophyte
Member # 38349

Icon 9 posted      Profile for cxmxmxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I have been trying to have sex for a while, my hymen was recently broken in our last intercourse, although when he got in too far it hurt extremely bad! he told me he was only half way inside of me, but it felt for me as though he had reached the end of my vagina (or to my cervix) and him pushing on it just hurt to no end. is it possible that his penis is too big for my vagina? i didn't think it was supposed to hurt for a man's penis to touch the cervix. could there be something wrong? is there any way that my vagina could become longer? please help! [Frown]
Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few questions for you: were you completely aroused and relaxed when you attempted intercourse? Did you really want to do it? Were you using plenty of extra lube?

When you're aroused and relaxed, the vagina actually tents up to accommodate a penis or a toy (etc). Bumping the cervix can be painful for some women, so it's possible that's what he was hitting. When the vagina tents up, the cervix is further inside, so hitting it becomes less likely.

Also, it's really not possible for a penis to be too big for a vagina - just think, babies go through there, right?

This article might help you figure out why there was pain: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse.

Welcome to Scarleteen. Come back if you have any more questions after reading the article.

[ 05-07-2008, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cxmxmxx
Neophyte
Member # 38349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cxmxmxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I was pretty nervous because previous times had hurt very bad, and i wasn't very aroused because of that nervousness. Thank you! I'll try to stop being so nervous about it and all.. i hope.
Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being nervous is normal when it's not something you're used to, and it's something that has caused pain in the past. If you decide to try it again, here are some tips:

- communicate with your partner the whole time. If it's going too quickly, or it's too painful, tell him right away and try to figure out how to stop getting pain.
- do lots of foreplay. That should help you be more relaxed and aroused, not to mention that it's fun.
- lube lube lube. Usually, your own lubrication and the stuff on lubricated condoms isn't enough, so adding more is key.

Here's another article that might help: First Intercourse 101.

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.