Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bleeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding?
Aaiiry
Neophyte
Member # 35847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaiiry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm one of those "hm, let's cut our own septate" girls. Didn't really finish it, what I did do served it's purpose - i.e, no more Iron Hymen.

But to get more to the question, I went to visit my boyfriend last week, and you know what follows with the whole 700 mile long distance relationship with virtually no supervision >__>; Yeah, on the pill, didn't forget a one, and we even used a condom once to help with 'things.' Well, anyway, towards the end of the week, everytime we'd stop, I'd pull up and there'd be blood on him, and on me (well, more me, I was like, "!@#$, blood!" and I got a "Holy @#$&, really?").

Well, I looked it up on my own, and I found nothing but diseases to account for the bleeding. Whereas I'm rather certain it's my stupid Iron Hymen acting up again. Anyway, the facts for the tl'dr...

He's big
I'm not(tiny hymen, arrrgh)
I'm on pills
Why am I bleeding?

Yay for the long-winded gene.

[ 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Aaiiry ]

Posts: 11 | From: Where I'm sitting | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so the whole "let's cut our own septate hymen" thing? Never a good idea. I suggest you get yourself to a gyn asap to make sure you didn't do any damage or give yourself an infection.

Short of that, these are some other things that can cause bleeding: being tense, not being aroused enough, not using enough lube.

Oh, and if you're going condom-less, then I am sure that means you've both been tested for STIs, twice, six months apart, and used condoms in the meantime?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaiiry
Neophyte
Member # 35847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaiiry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both of us are(were, I guess o_o) virgins.

But yeah, all I really did was nick it. And it was a month before christmas that I did that; went to a gyn a little while after.

But thanks for giving reasons for bleeding that aren't horrible diseases... seeing nothing but that is -always- so reassuring.

Posts: 11 | From: Where I'm sitting | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, so no infections from the auto-surgery.

It sounds to me like the most likely culprit here is lack of lubrication. Why not invest in some condom-safe lube next time and use it? I'm sure it'll help, and lube certainly never hurts. [Smile]

And on a side note: not all STIs are only transmitted sexually, so even if you are each other's first, it's always good to get into safer-sex habits such as condom use and regular testing.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.