Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » scared for results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared for results
thisismyscreenname
Activist
Member # 37104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thisismyscreenname         Edit/Delete Post 
So I am prone to worry... a lot.
I went for my first PAP test / annual physical last week and the results are in. I also had blood work done and got tested for the basic stuff, b12 and all that, as well as STIs.

anyway,
they told me they would call if there was a problem but I freaked out and called them today instead. They said the results were in, so I breathed a sigh of relief to think that they would have called me if there was any issue and that I could just move on.
Not the case.
I guess there was a note on the file that the doctor would like a follow-up to discuss results.
Which I'm assuming can only mean there is a problem.
I am so scared...I am thinking about how if it is an abnormal PAP and I have to have another one I won't be able to do it because the first one hurt so much.
Has anyone else had this situation? Could it just be low b12 or something or would they only want a follow-up for something serious?
My appt. is in a couple days and i can see myself freaking out until then [Frown]

Posts: 40 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be just about anything. If you had other tests done (the bloodwork you mentioned), then the doctor certainly could be concerned about something that turned up just as a part of your regular physical. Just because they want to follow-up, doesn't mean there is something horribly wrong. Many health care providers will follow-up with things that are even a little bit off more as a preventative measure than anything else. Addressing something that's a bit off now will help prevent it from becoming a bigger deal later on.

Try not to worry too much. Worrying won't help you in any way. If this is something related to your PAP, then you'll deal with that. If it's not related to the PAP, then you'll deal with that.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thisismyscreenname
Activist
Member # 37104

thanks...i moved my appointment to this morning so in a few hours it will be over and I can deal with whatever it is...
thanks for the support!

Posts: 40 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(((Hugs!)))

Yes, you can deal with whatever it is. Try not to worry too much. And remember that it's better to know what's up now and be able to deal with it than have something cooking in there that you know nothing about. Let us know how it goes!

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thisismyscreenname
Activist
Member # 37104

Right so I went today...
and it seems that my PAP test wasn't officially back yet but they got a verbal result from the place and they said its negative, so yay unless they call and tell me otherwise...
the problem they had was that I am vitamin deficient in a few areas so I have to change my diet and take vitamins...and that is it.
[Smile]
I need to stop panicking so quickly I think!
thanks for the support again, this site is great [Smile]

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be kicking yourself over worrying - i went through the same thing with my gynecologist after my second exam. The nurse called me and said that I needed to come in and speak with the doctor about my test results because there was something she needed to discuss in person about them. Turned out to be the same thing - she wanted me to take vitamins that included a good calcium supplement. I was frantic until I met with her. Glad to hear everything turned out okay though!

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.