Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » panic attack...maybe?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: panic attack...maybe?
Member # 31433

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Stacii-Jayd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys i have a question.
i have this..thing..but i have no idea what it is, i told a friend and she said maybe it's panic attacks, but i looked it up on the interent and i have no idea.

when i get extremely upset, like crying none stop, or when im in an extreme mood like depression i go into this 'thing' where i can't breathe to well i tremble all over and it's like i can't stop myself from crying or feeling the way i do. but when i'm just upset i can stop it. also i do alot of horse riding, and i was in a riding lesson one day and we was jumping a friend's horse that i don't get on with, and i had this horrible trembling feeling again and my body seem to freeze, part form this time i was worring/scared. and i was physically sick.
that another thing if it happens badly sometimes i'm sick.
anyone have any idea what it might be, i don't want to go to a doctor incase they just say 'it's me'

''i'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exsits. i'm not a slave to the world that doesn't give a s****''-Marilyn Manson

Posts: 35 | From: UK, Lincolnshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Scarleteen's mission and area of work is primarily all of sexuality, sexual health and relationships. While some of us can speak to some psychiatric issues, that's a) not our area of expertise (and sticking around that area is important both because our resources are incredibly limited and because users need correct information, which we often can't give for things outside our arena), and b) not something we really should be addressing. For anyone who thinks they may have a psychiatric issue, like panic attacks or general anxiety, the best person to talk to is either your general doctor or a therapist or counselor.

Might a doctor say it's "you?" Well, sure, because it IS you. whatever the issue. And psychiatric issues ARE about you and are "in your head," but that doesn't make them somehow imaginary or unimportant. And again, this kind of thing is far afield of what we do, so your doctor or a therapist are the right people to talk to.

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3