Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: period
hott13
Neophyte
Member # 34777

Icon 2 posted      Profile for hott13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey
I'm really concerned because I got my period almost two weeks ago (July 12th) and I still have it!
It's July 24 and I still have my period, I don't know what's wrong but it's almost been two weeks and I'm scared because I don't know what's happening to my body....

Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was this your first period, hott13?

If not, what have your periods been like overall? How long have you had them? And are you or have you been sexually active? Any other symptoms?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott13
Neophyte
Member # 34777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No it's not my first period i got it like 3 years ago.

Overall, my periods last 5-6 days sometimes seven. I've never ever had sex I'm still a virgin.
No I don't have any other symptoms, I'am on Antibiotics because I had a virus last week...could that have anything to do with it?

Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, no kind of genital sex at all?

And this is the only time this has happened? Are you having any big cramping with it? is the flow really heavy, still?

Also, antibiotics aren't generally prescribed for a virus, because they can't do anything about viruses: they're prescribed for infections or to prevent infections. Do you know what exactly you had?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott13
Neophyte
Member # 34777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, no genital sex at all.

this is the only time also...I have no cramps or anythings, and a light/mild flow.

And the doctor never told me exactly what I had I was just really sick... fever, headache, weakness. I thought it was like the flu or some virus that was being passed around..and I caught

hott13
Neophyte
Member # 34777

Nope, no genital sex at all.

this is the only time also...I have no cramps or anythings, and a light/mild flow.

And the doctor never told me exactly what I had I was just really sick... fever, headache, weakness. I thought it was like the flu or some virus that was being passed around..and I caught

Heather
Member # 3

Hrm.

Okay, well, given you aren't having any other symptoms with this right now, I'd not sweat this too much.

However, given you don't know what you had around the same time this started, I would call your doctor and report this to them, just in case it has anything to do with your earlier symptoms.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.