Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » i would really like to know...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i would really like to know...
ashley_love
Activist
Member # 33653

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ashley_love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does the guy need to wear a condom while having oral sex? like to make it more interesting like getting flavored ones? my boyfriend doesnt think its nessecary to wear one during oral, i havent given him oral yet but i think i'd rather he wore one. so should he? (he has agreed to but i just would really like to know) and also he has already given me oral the "all natural way", was that wrong or should we have used something? a couple other things, would it be in our best interest if we use lube for our first time and other times? (note: we are also keeping our sexual life a major secret from our parents, so we want things as convinent as possible!) so just about everything we do has to be like quick prep time and clean up time, if you know what i mean.

and also, is it really a high chance i will bleed alot on our first time? (i heard that wearing tampons and being fingered somehow helps so that there is less bleeding, is that true?)

--------------------
*ash*

Posts: 43 | From: Georgia | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you both been tested twice 6 months apart and were both STIs free ? If not, then it's best, if any of you don't want to end up with an STI, to use a condom when you perform oral sex on him. And if you'd rather have him wear one, then he most definatly should. Have you discussed this yet with him ? If not,it might be a good idea to do just that.

As for when your partner performs oral sex on you, a dental dam (which can be made out of a condom) would be best here too if you both as I said haven't been tested for STIs. STI testing btw is something I both strongly suggest you go get if you haven't already.

(You can definatly get flavored condoms btw if you'd like although those aren't intended for sexual intercourse (because they can lead to infection) so if you intend to have intercourse after, then you'd have to change to non-flavored condoms before having intercourse.)

Water-based lube really is a big plus when it come to sex, be it first time or not, so that's definatly a good idea to use it. It makes things much more smoother.

Not all women will experience bleeding on first-time sex, some might but it shouldn't be any big amount (nothing that looks like your period !) when that happens. And it's worth remembering that vaginal bleeding can occur at any time be it first time or not. It can be caused by a lot of things : microtearing to the hymen, microtearing to the vaginal lining, lack of lubrication, etc. and it is generally not something to worry much about unless it goes on for more than a couple of days (like more than 2 days or so).

Wearing tampons and having been fingered before having first-time intercourse doesn't have much to do with whether or not a girl will bleed since bleeding when it happens can be due to a whole lot of different things as I explained above.

Here's some useful articles I suggest you and your partner take a look at:

First intercourse 101

Ready or not ? The sexual readiness checklist

A safer sex how-to

[ 10-03-2007, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.