Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Rash on vagina

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rash on vagina
SOMEBODY
Activist
Member # 17368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SOMEBODY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI everyone!
I am married and just got my period after like 4 months of not having it because I take Seasonale. I was writing because I developed a rash from using the maxi pad which I immediatley stopped wearing after I discovered it. I got it on my labia majora and on the sides of my legs. I started using Vagisil, the original formula for rashes and have used it for 3 days and the rash is still there! Everytime I apply the vagisil it burns a little. I dont think its a yeast infection beause its not inside, its on the outer (labia majora). What do you recommend I do? Should I use a different cream? I plan on seeing my gyno if this persists for more than 1 week.

Posts: 129 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beckylein
Activist
Member # 33869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beckylein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I don't have any suggestions as to what to do about the rash, but you might want to consider looking at cloth pads or the diva cup for the future. They are amazing! Soft, comfortable, easy to use...I could go on and on. I used to get rashes as well with regular pads and tampons would leave me so dried out, YUCK. I'll never go back [Smile] Just ask if you want more information...there are LOADS of places to get them! [Smile] I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt; sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." ~Mark Twain

Posts: 59 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.