Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Strange Happenings...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Happenings...
The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Confused One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. This is the situation: I wear pantyliners 24/7 due to heavy discharge. And if you saw my Yay post, you'd know that I've been riding. So basically, I wear pantyliners when riding too. Now for the strange part. Even when I'm not having my period, everytime I ride, my pantyliner will be SURE to have brown stains on it. I have no idea how they get there. I wear tights after my panties and THEN my riding pants, so it's not very likely to be dirt from the saddle or something. Nothing on the outside bleeds either, or I'd notice wounds. Blood coming from the inside? Why? o.o

2. For the past few months, I've been noticing soreness and the like about 2 weeks after my period. Only thing I can think of is ovulation. Thing is, I've never noticed my ovulations so strongly before. In fact, I've been oblivious almost all the time. Worst is that these pains and soreness lasts for more than a week. Like right now, my nipples are sore as hell and I have no idea what to do about it. Every light touch and it hurts. And since they're on top of boobs, they often get in the way of my arms anyway. I wouldn't mind sore breasts because that's not as painful, but sore nipples are like concentrated pain D: What could be causing this? I'm still a virgin, so can't be pregnancy. I've never taken birth control before. I recently started taking nausea meds (buscopan) to help with the period cramps though... Could that be it? I've also been using something called Acustop Cataplasma (flurbiprofen) whenever I happen to pull my back muscles during riding (Lack of fit core muscles lol)

All I can say is that I don't like sore nipples. [Frown]

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

Posts: 131 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The brown staining might be fecal matter that can be coming out of you without knowing, this and the cramping after your period might indicate u have a pinched or damaged nerve that could be affecting your bowels
Im no expert but thats my best guess
As for the nipple issue, maybe its sensitivity to fabric or your laundry detergent?? Idk

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So discharge can appear brown, usually slightly before or after your period. I'm not entirely sure why this is only occurring when you ride, though.

How recently did you start taking Buscopan/the flurbiprofen? Perhaps you could speak with your provider about the possible side effects of these medications, just incase nipple soreness may be one of them? This could also be a result of hormonal fluctuations following the end of your period, as well.

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey The Confused One,

Have you had the heavy discharge looked at by a healthcare provider? For starters, feel free to check out our resource article on vaginal discharges on Scarleteen to help you differentiate between what's normal vs. abnormal:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

It also sounds like you have several things going on right now in terms of your body. While I hate to be the party pooper here, may I suggest that you perhaps take a break from riding for the moment until you see a physician/healthcare provider and have these issues sorted out? It's possible that you may be experiencing the effects from a combination of the medications you're taking plus the riding, but until a professional comes to take a look at you, we can't be sure.

I hope this helps.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 231 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Confused One
Activist
Member # 48587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Confused One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by That Strange CT child:
The brown staining might be fecal matter that can be coming out of you without knowing, this and the cramping after your period might indicate u have a pinched or damaged nerve that could be affecting your bowels
Im no expert but thats my best guess
As for the nipple issue, maybe its sensitivity to fabric or your laundry detergent?? Idk

Erm... what... if I had shit coming out of me, the stains wouldn't be on the pantyliner. It would be at the back on my panties... Period cramps are not caused by damaged nerves either... The nipple issue is recent. I've been wearing the same clothes and using the same detergent/softener for years... As the 10th Doctor Who said, "Wat..."

quote:
Originally posted by Allie A:
So discharge can appear brown, usually slightly before or after your period. I'm not entirely sure why this is only occurring when you ride, though.

How recently did you start taking Buscopan/the flurbiprofen? Perhaps you could speak with your provider about the possible side effects of these medications, just incase nipple soreness may be one of them? This could also be a result of hormonal fluctuations following the end of your period, as well.

I know about brown discharge. But this happens only when I ride, as you pointed out, which means it happens anytime of the month, nearing or after my period or not.

I started taking Buscopan last year, about middle of the year? Can't really remember when, but somewhere there. Now that I think about it, it really might be the buscopan. I only started using flurbiprofen very recently, so that couldn't have been it, I'd say. Unfortunately, I don't have a provider. Long story short, my parents are very against me going to a gyno for some odd reason. The buscopan AND flurbiprofen came from my dad's doctor. He asked his doc for period cramp meds and buscopan was what the doc gave him. Dad used to have back pains, so that's where he got the flurbiprofen.

quote:
Originally posted by Patricia H:
Hey The Confused One,

Have you had the heavy discharge looked at by a healthcare provider? For starters, feel free to check out our resource article on vaginal discharges on Scarleteen to help you differentiate between what's normal vs. abnormal:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

It also sounds like you have several things going on right now in terms of your body. While I hate to be the party pooper here, may I suggest that you perhaps take a break from riding for the moment until you see a physician/healthcare provider and have these issues sorted out? It's possible that you may be experiencing the effects from a combination of the medications you're taking plus the riding, but until a professional comes to take a look at you, we can't be sure.

I hope this helps.

I think I've read that article before. It looks familiar. Yes, my discharge is normal. Just heavy enough that not wearing pantyliners would mean a LOT of discomfort and dirty underwear that can be hard to wash (since they dry up on the panty pretty fast).

As mentioned above, I don't have a physician or family doctor, or healthcare provider or gyno. The only times I ever go to a doctor is when I'm seriously injured (sprained ankle or can't-stop-bleeding wound) or if I'm seriously sick (high fever). No, I have never been to a gyno. It's bad, but I've already tried asking my parents if I could see one, just for a check up and I was told no very strongly. I don't want to bother trying again until I have my own transport and funds to go on my own.

I don't think taking a break from riding is going to change anything. I am however going to stop taking buscopan and see if I go back to normal. While noticing my ovulations can be very useful if I want kids, right now, it's more a nuisance.

Thanks for the help anyway, guys [Smile]

--------------------
Wheeeeeeee!

Posts: 131 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.