Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Where'd you go? I miss you so

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where'd you go? I miss you so
usernamehere
Neophyte
Member # 34040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for usernamehere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's a sad, sad story. I can't help singing that song whenever I think of my boobs. I used to be comfortable with them, something like a 34 B/C as of a couple years ago.

But over the past year it seems like they've just shrunk and shrunk. I can't fit my old bras and I'm back into the little ones I had kept in the back of my drawer.
It seems like whenever I pick up running again they disappear.

So, I've been pretty lazy to see if they decide to come back.
Nothing!

I'm not on any medication, either.
I know they say it takes a while for your breasts to develop fully... but I'm 17. Shouldn't they be growing gradually, not vice versa?

Mmm.. being melodramatic perhaps, but I'd just like to know what's going on here.

Thanks =)

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMissSunshine
Activist
Member # 33438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleMissSunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you're not being melodramatic, but what you are describing isn't too strange.

A few simple explainations for this one...

When you exercise vigorously, for example running, and your caloric intake isn't quite sufficient to get you through said exercise, you lose weight. More specifically, body fat.

Granted, when people lose weight, they see changes in various parts of their bodies. For example, some people may lose weight off of their thighs, tummies, etc. It is perfectly understandable that the size of your breasts could shrink with exercise and corresponding weight loss.

Any suggestions for your predicament? Increase your caloric intake-vigorous exercise requires more calories to get you through the day. Also, if you notice a *GREAT* or sudden change in your breast size, without any other change of your weight, see a doctor to rule out other problems.

[ 06-01-2007, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: LittleMissSunshine ]

Posts: 64 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
usernamehere
Neophyte
Member # 34040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for usernamehere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, that makes sense and all... but i HAVEN'T been doing any vigorous exercise at all.

+ i eat plenty haha.

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMissSunshine
Activist
Member # 33438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleMissSunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For how long have you not been doing any exercise? If you just quit running a few weeks ago, then it may take some time for you to regain the weight. Be patient for a little while longer.

If this is seriously bothering you, a trip to the Doctor may be in order, just to rule out a problem such as hormonal imbalance.

Posts: 64 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.