Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Pennis Pain after orgasm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pennis Pain after orgasm
bean1
Neophyte
Member # 31679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bean1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone please relate to this problem i am having. Basically,.....bit embarasing.....

After orgasm either sex or otherwise, about 10% of the time i will be left with a feeling i can only relate to sistitas (spelt wrong i think)
It is as though in laymans terms...The tube in my pennis that my semen flows though, gets mixed up with the tube that passes urine as it begins when i pass urine.

I know it sounds odd, but if anyone knows anything about this i will be so gratefull.

Thank you.

Posts: 2 | From: manchester | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cystitis is an infection of the urinary tract, and UTIs are very unusual in men.

Rather than trying to talk about internal tubes and muscles you really can't feel yourself to know what's going on there, it's be easier to suss out what's going on if you described what things are actually feeling like/symtpoms.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jay_d
Activist
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jay_d     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, hon - its a penis. If you had a 'pennis,' instead, it's no wonder that you're in a lot of pain. After all, a perfectly natural organ was lopped off and replaced with a nonexistant one. One 'n' will suffice.

Secondly... eh, I'm guessing a fair number of males no exactly what you're talking about. In some cases, it's a direct result of internal damage, in a "don't masturbate when covered in poison oak" sense. In others, it just happens that way.

What's going on? God knows. For reasons unknown to most anyone, it's *far* more likely to happen with sex alone than with sex with a partner - usually, infinitely so. Manually voiding the 'final squirt' from deep at the base of the shaft may help. It will probably be entirely intermittent. May relate to scar tissue; I note you mention a prior UTI.

...in short, no one knows anything, but it's fairly common. Best of luck.

Posts: 54 | From: Cyberspace | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jay_d:
...in short, no one knows anything

Actually, jay_d, as a sex ed website, we aim to educate ourselves and others about such matters. We also want to share accurate information: if you're not entirely sure of something, please either look it up or skip the question, versus saying something and adding "God knows" or "no ones knows anything." It's great that you want to jump in and answer other users' questions right away, but make sure you read up on the main site and guidelines first. http://www.scarleteen.com/boards/guidelines.html

(And if you're going to be correcting other users' spelling, it's good to double-check your own grammar and spelling. [Wink] )

OK, back to the OP's question:

[ 12-10-2006, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jay_d
Activist
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jay_d     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, jay_d, as a sex ed website, we aim to educate ourselves and others about such matters. We also want to share accurate information: if you're not entirely sure of something, please either look it up or skip the question...

You are right. It is horribly wrong of me to share what knowledge I have learned from personal experiences in living with a rather similar situation, and I apologize for speaking what I have learned.

Posts: 54 | From: Cyberspace | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, sharing personal experience is totally fine. But nowhere in your post do you mention that you've experienced the same. In fact, it sounds more likely you're speculating wildly. And that's not really helpful.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jay_d
Activist
Member # 31787

quote:
Originally posted by September:
Jay, sharing personal experience is totally fine. But nowhere in your post do you mention that you've experienced the same.

Wow. Different perspectives can be... amazing. Re-reading the post, I can see how it can be read that way, and on the other hand, while writing it, I spent about a day and a half outright depressed and disappointed at having had to gender an internet nick.

Oh, well. In case it wasn't clear, there was nothing in that post which was not personal experience - except the four-word speculation that it is possible that it occurs without prior internal scarring.

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(For the record, we don't ask for gender in profiles frivolously, and ANY answer is acceptable. We aks because there are often times where knowing someone's gender off tha bat, if they failed to include it in a post, helps us to answer their questions most expediently and as accurately as possible.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boots
Neophyte
Member # 31808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boots     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you have irritation of the urethra after orgasm. Urine and semem pass through the same tube, the urethra, and when urine passes, semen cannot pass, and vice versa. So, it is not possible for the semen and urine to get mixed up.
During insertive sex, this could be because of contraceptive gels, foam, etc. entering the urethra. Some condoms have contraceptive gel, nonoxel-9. Try plain lubricated condoms. Or, if using condoms, perhaps you have a mild latex rubber allergy that causes irritation. There are vinyl, non-latex condoms sold, in the US they sold under the brand name of Avanti condoms. Perhaps your partner has an infection that causes the irritation. It could also be from friction and pressure applied to the urethra during sexual activity, or lack of lubrication. There are lots of water soluble lubes that can help, but never use hand lotions, vaseline, etc. Many women have urethritis after intercourse, with burning with urination, probably caused by the penis applying pressure to the bladder or urethra. These women find some relief by drinking a full glass of water before and after intercourse and urinating before and after. This might help you, too.

--------------------
boots

Posts: 3 | From: Chicago | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bean1
Neophyte
Member # 31679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bean1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, thanks for all your comments....

But please allow me to describe in detail the feeling....

After a "solo session" more so. I can feel it starting and think if i cum sooner rather than later i'll avoid it....but it catches me up....I could be driving or out and about...usually around 5 - 10 mins after. Sometimes straight away. It makes me feel like i need to sit on the toilet and pass solid through the back or the front....a burning senssasion at the base of the pennis underneath and the uncomfortable feeling u have just after passing solid. U avoid fools that think it's funny to smak ur arse cus they no its uncomfy...after a number 2. Thats the feeling. I find myself sometimes having to get up out of bed after solo or otherwise and sit on the toilet with no touching material etc....as tho i need to go....but nothing comes...maybe urine...that stings a bit but thats it. ...any more ideas???? I so like to solo at least 1nce a day! Please help me its doing my head in!

Posts: 2 | From: manchester | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

If you're feeling a need to urinate when you don't have to, and it stings when you do urinate, those two reasons alone -- as is the durning feeling that seems to be a constant, and the extra irritation when ejaculating -- are sound reasons to see your doctor: it may well be, as you seem to suspect, that you have a urinary tract infection (they're more rare in men than women, but more common in uncircumcised men) or a urethral infection.

So, I'd suggest making an appointment, and if you have to wait a few days until the doctor can see you, drink loads of water in the interim, and/or some pure cranberry juice. Both of those things can help make symptoms more bearable if it's a urinary issue.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Guiltygard
Neophyte
Member # 33270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guiltygard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same thing after i orgasm during a solo... im 13 but i haventejaculated yet. it just burns for it to be touched after. And i cant even solo,unlucky me, cuz i have a burningrash under my penis. i wish i knew whyit hurt after masturbating to and orgasm?

--------------------
A guy walks up to me and goes "big shoes, big shoes, please!"
Whats up with that?

Posts: 37 | From: surrey | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gourami
Neophyte
Member # 33360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gourami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your symptoms are: Infrequently occurring, pain in head and lower shaft of penis that begins 2-10 minutes after an orgasm, accompanied by urgent need to urinate frequently, where urination causes sharp stinging, and the pain alleviates on its own between 30 minutes to 2 hours later.

If you've seen a doctor and been cleared of STD's and infections, and still suffer from this seemingly random and brutal occurrance, then I have some advice to offer, since I suffer from this condition myself.

When it happens, take an anti-inflammatory, like Ibuprofen. It helps relieve the pain more quickly. A hot shower or bath can also be of comfort.

As for the cause, I believe it's high amounts of sugar in the diet in the hours preceding an orgasm. Either through sodas, treats, or alcohol. Why and how this creates a horrid symptom like this is beyond my understanding, but after living with it for 20 years, and reading on several other forums, I'm pretty sure this the connection.

Posts: 1 | From: Huntsville | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.