Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bladder Problems and Paddling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bladder Problems and Paddling
Member # 29748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crystal1689     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this may be kind of a stupid question, but my brother and I were just wondering if it's bad to get a paddling at school if you have bladder problems? There's someone in our family who has Overactive Bladder and had a choice between 2 licks or write 1000 words for punishment at school, and we didn't know if they should get a paddling since they have this OAB. I was just wondering if paddling them could maybe set off the OAB or make it worse or something? Because I know you're not supposed to get one if you have kidney problems. So I'd appreciate if you could just kind of answer because we'd really like to know. They took the 1000 words because they weren't sure if they should have a paddling.
Posts: 7 | From: california | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure about the OAB, hopefully someone else will chime in on that, but I have to say that I would urge anyone to do the thousand words, because I think that corporal punishment of that kind is a grossly abusive breach of an individual's personal boundaries. I would recommend finding another school that does not engage in this barbaric practice, or if that isn't an option, taking action to protest against it.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No school should be physically abusing anyone, period. In the majority of states, including yours, it isn't lawful.

Here's the legal code from California on that:

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.