Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » anus question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anus question
game
Neophyte
Member # 31576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for game     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had this urge today to stick my finger in my anus hole is this okay? I thought it would be pleasuring but did not want to do it without you saying it's okay (please note i would do it in front of a mirror so i can actually see what i'm doing)
Posts: 17 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I don't see any problem with this as long as it's done safely.

You have to make sure your fingernails are not too long because anal tissu is pretty sensitive. It would also be wise to maybe use lubricant since the anus doesn't produce lubrication as the vagina does.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
game
Neophyte
Member # 31576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for game     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks although I am a guy (lol)
Posts: 17 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Yeah, that's why I did not say ''as your vagina does'' but said '' as the vagina does'', in order you were a male. [Big Grin]

Being a male doesn't make you less qualify to understand what vaginal lubrication is, so I tought it was a proper example to give as much to a male as to a female. [Smile]

[ 01-21-2007, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would actually recommend using latex gloves, as well as the lube-- these will reduce the risk of jagged edges and contamination from your fingernails, as well as providing less friction than your bare skin. Also, whether you use the gloves or not, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

(Ah. Thanks Beppie. I should have suggested gloves too. My mistake, sorry.)

--------------------

gothicguy
Neophyte
Member # 32417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gothicguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way - don't stick anything else in there that isn't designed for it (i.e. has a flared base). You do not want to lose anything inside there, as that will result in a very embarassing visit to A&E! (Accident & Emergency - the UK equivalent to the ER / Emergency Room)

Gothicguy

--------------------
SSC is a good idea for vanilla people too!

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Light
Activist
Member # 32327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Light     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is a pen with a smooth end ok? I really can't keep gloves and lube around my room.
Posts: 70 | From: Nova | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gothicguy
Neophyte
Member # 32417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gothicguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Is a pen with a smooth end ok?"

Read my post above - never stick anything in there that could potentially slip inside - you will NOT be able to retrieve it, and will have to go to ER.

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Light
Activist
Member # 32327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Light     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would you suggest then, other than a gloved hand?
Posts: 70 | From: Nova | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, anything you can't put a condom over and some lubricant on, you're really NOT going to want to stick in your rectum. Rectal tissue is VERY sensitive, and without the use of a condom/glove you're also running big risks of infection and further discomfort.

Plus, we never recomend that you use any common household objects, as chances are good another member of your household may need to use it at somepoint, and that's just not very respectful.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gothicguy
Neophyte
Member # 32417

What you want is a sex toy (Vibrator/Dildo) with a base that's bigger than the rest of it. Or a specially designed Butt Plug (these have flanged bases).

While we're on this subject, the colon above the anus is A - Insensitive to pain, and B - takes a right angle turn above the anus. For this reason never slide excessively long objects inside your anus - serious injury could result.

--------------------

Light
Activist
Member # 32327

I can't really store that stuff in my room though, not to mention buying it. I don't know what my parents would think. Anything I could substitute, or should I just get some latex gloves next time I am at the doctors office?
Also. thanks for the tip about the long objects

dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's really nothing you can safely substitute, no. So, next time you're at your doctor's, if they're okay with you taking some leatex gloves, go ahead and ask. And in the meantime you may just want to hold off until you are able to find somewhere to safely store some gloves and/or condoms and a small bottle of lubricant.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Light
Activist
Member # 32327

Any suggestions on how to get lube?
This will be so much easier pnce I move out

gothicguy
Neophyte
Member # 32417

I don't know about the USA, but over here (UK) you can pick up KY Jelly (a water based lubricant) in any pharmacy or supermarket.

Gothicguy

--------------------

dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Yep, the US is the same way - you can pick up condoms and lubricant in any grocery store or pharmacy. And a good bottle of lubricant will last you a long time. [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.