Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » concert line munchies!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: concert line munchies!
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favourite group is coming to Costa Rica on Saturday!! [Big Grin] The concert's at 7 p.m (most likely 8, since Costa Ricans never start on time...). But, since we're such big fans, a friend and I are going to be waiting in line since around 8:30 AM. Of course, I'll need to eat and drink in that 12 hour period, and I can't exactly take a cooler. Heck, even jumping up and down in extasy wearing a purse is uncomfortable!

I need advice on lightweight, good food I can take with me to eat in line, prefferably in disposable packages so I won't have to be lugging them around during the concert. Keep in mind I'll be waiting there about 12 hours.

Any ideas?

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who're you going to see?

I've done this bit twice already this year for my favourite band, and my favourite snack to take with me would be bananas. Lots of energy, they keep you going for a while, and hey, ultimate disposable package.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever my family went to theme parks, beaches, etc we always brought along a backpack full of animal crackers, fruit snacks/chilled fruit, granola bars, trail mix with nuts and dried fruit, beef/turkey jerky, and little juice containers/bottled water.

Basically anything easily packageable and non-perishable will be a good bet. You can even sneak an ice pack or two in whatever tote bag you have to bring stuff that needs chilling.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.