Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » crazy stuff but finally some help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crazy stuff but finally some help
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't sure where else to put this, didn't seem to fit in pregnancy and parenting, which is where I usually hang out.

I spent the last few weeks feeling like crap mostly, going to hospitals and being poked and messed with. I went through a few outrages, including a pharmacy giving my information out like it was candy.

Besides having a few seizures, one of the worst things was this really strange dizziness/unable to move at all, especially my neck/head area. In the worst of it I couldn't walk, and I could barely see. I had to get a lot of help from my partner and other people, especially with my son, and that was pretty hard for me.

But. BUT! I finally got a decent neurologist today (who also happens to be a WOMAN! woo!) who seems worth her stuff. She was outraged that the emergency room doc (who has a total prick, by the way) upping my meds from the lowest dose to the highest, without weaning it up or anything. So THAT explains my weird few days of paralysis!! Mixed with a crazy amount of stress and not enough sleep. So there you go. I'm not just crazy.

For now, I'm being given a million more meds in addition to the ones I'm on, daily migraine stuff that works for migraines AND seizures as well as on the spot migraine stuff, and (the best thing) Ativan, which is an on the spot seizure thing. So when I'm home alone with my son and I just know it's gonna happen, taking one of these will hopefully help!

In a few weeks I'll have to go through a few more tests, an EEG and an MRI, probably more CT's, (although you'd think 2 would be enough). But I'm a pro at those.

The downside is no health insurance, and already being in a ridiculous amount of medical debt that I don't even really know the meaning of. But I'm going to work on that.

Thanks to everyone who was pulling for me! [Smile] I just wanted to spread some relief around.

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear you're doing better, Alice, but so crappy that it was a doctor's misdiagnosis at fault. (Then again, better that than actually being sick yourself! And great that another doctor caught it.) No one thinks you're crazy here, just really strong in a lot of ways! [Smile]
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Lena. It's funny because the doctor today didn't really do much but talk and write perscriptions, but I feel better already. Hopeful. (well, +pain meds helps) Just knowing that in the future I may be healthy, or at least manageable.

And thank you for reminding me that I am strong. I forget that sometimes so it's nice to be reminded.

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.