Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Sigh of Relief

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sigh of Relief
Paradoxical Enigma
Neophyte
Member # 27994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paradoxical Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you may or may not remember, but I have been talking quite a bit about my moral stuggles regarding my sexuality, and I finally found the courage to talk to my mother about them in e-mails. After a while, I finally told her everything.

Anyways, today I finally got responses to them, and I must say, I feel more relieved than I have in ages. It turns out that my fears about how she would react were totally unfounded and she supports my sexual practices and itentity, as in my case at least, in their entirety. I guess it goes to show that you shouldn't be afraid to tell your loved ones when you are having problems, even if you feel like they are your fault. Even if they do not accept things at first, they care about you and that means they should want to help you, regardless of what they think about your situation.

Anyways, I still have one step left: learning to accept my sexuality myself. I think it will be easier knowing that I am supported and that many, if not all, of my doubts are unfounded and unreasonable. If worse comes to worst, there's always counseling to look into, and now I know there will be no trouble talking about getting it if I feel I need to.

I suppose the reason I am posting this is to provide an update on the situation I have mentioned earlier, as well as to talk about the situation as it stands now. If you're not quite sure about what I'm talking about, look at the threads I will link to.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001370
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004391
there was one other topic I started about this, but the link to is is broken for some reason...

Posts: 35 | From: In front of the computer; go figure | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.