Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » FAT?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FAT?!
like_woah23
Neophyte
Member # 27770

Icon 13 posted      Profile for like_woah23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kay, umm.. well i`m 14 and i`m about 5"2. and i weigh between 125 and 130 pounds.. and nobody thinks im fat cause i carry my weight pretty weell, but i have chubb, like, my stomach, and the 'love' handles. haha. how gross. and i want to know if my height and weight are about right.

--------------------
woAh.;;<3

Posts: 9 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are totally normal. That is the ideal range for your age and height.

Also bear in mind you're in puberty right now. Weight gain and growth are expected and needed for proper growth and maturation.

Learn to look past numbers, past "fat", and look at who you are as a person. "Love Handles" aren't gross--they're part of your genetic make up. Humans carry fat. It acts as a storage of energy, regulation of temperature. It's supposed to be there. [Smile]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vendetta
Neophyte
Member # 27978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vendetta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're fine, so don't worry about it. But if you really feel 'fat' you can always try a few of those God-awful crunches that work miracles.
Posts: 1 | From: Home | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or, you can just accept that you are a totally normal and healthy weight for your age and height.

Really, you are a normal weight. And, to stress again what DarkChild said, puberty is probably getting into full swing right now, w/ the age your at. So you will see some weight fluxuations for the next few years. Just keep active with your exercise, and keep a consistent diet, and you'll be fine.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ganstagirl100
Neophyte
Member # 27940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ganstagirl100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i am 19 i have friend tat always call me fat . i am 5'1 andvery shaply(get it from my moma LOL) just a little stumic i work out lift waights u know(for the fellas) but my friends call me fat i hade an abortion about 5 weeks ago and i constly try to get that baby fat off of me am i in my right size for my body fram
Posts: 24 | From: durham nc | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your friends call you fat? What do your enemies call you?

Seriously ... Who needs friends like that? How can you call these people your friends?! You need a new group of people to hang with ... People who aren't going to negatively impact your body/self image.

I don't know if you're the right size for your body frame b/c i can't see you. The best person to discuss this with is your doctor. S/he can tell you if they think you need to lose weight.

Don't listen to your friends.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HempHippie
Activist
Member # 22303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HempHippie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, I'm fat. I'm 5'10" and weigh about 230. Guess what, it's no secret that I am fat and I don't mind saying it. I do not see it as a negitive thing or as anything but a way to describe myself. Yes there are other adjectives I could use, but honestly, my boby and shape, never comes up in conversations unless I bring it up. When it comes to guys I get the ones I want-even though I am fat-. Contrary to popular belief guys actually care about your personality and what you think. Not just what size your pants are, or how much you weigh.

And as for those love handles, embrace them, I am, I am going to get them pierced. Like I said to my friend, I have them so I might as well decorate them like the rest of my body.
Don't be ashamed of who you are or what you look like there are more things in the world to worry about.

--------------------
I think Visine is only used by potheads. Who else would use Visine? "I use Visine because I don't want people to know that I was swimming."-Mitch Hedburg

Posts: 56 | From: Deep woods of NH | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.