Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Strange new things...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange new things...
musical_gal
Activist
Member # 23394

Icon 5 posted      Profile for musical_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The past few cycles ive noticed some strange things. First of all at the beginning of the year my period was late and all i got was back ache for a few days before it came. The next two times it was on time and then a few days early. Again, i've had weird backache as much as 3 days before and quite bad period pains. Usually before i would have a pretty regular period and no pains or anything. Should i be worried that these things have suddenly appeared, or is it normal for something to suddenly start like this? [Confused] Would just like to know!

Thanks

Posts: 146 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When was your last GYN checkup? If you're not current with that, it's a good place to start. It could just be that your cycle is adjusting or changing (which happens every once in awhile) but it wouldn't hurt to make sure everything's okay.

[ 03-15-2006, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5788 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like karybu said, if you haven't had your annual recently, then now would be a good time to have that and discuss the issue with your doc.

Along with that, I'd note that it's completely normal to have variations in your period throughout your lifetime. As we go through totally normal hormonal fluctations, age, life changes, any number of other things...stuff can really play games with our cycles. So having changes is pretty normal overall. But increases in the level of discomfort you are having are definately things to get checked out.

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
musical_gal
Activist
Member # 23394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musical_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah probably a good idea. I got my period yesterday, guess what...another 2 days earlier than before! I mentioned it to my mum and she said not to bother doing anything about it...she said she went through strange changes at that time. So i dont really know! I guess ill just make an appoinment sometime next week anyway. thanks.
Posts: 146 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.