Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » female friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: female friends
MrLucky
Neophyte
Member # 9408

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MrLucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all, I have a couple of questions. Firstly, some of my female friends tell me when they are having their times of the month, which is fine, but all I can think to say is that I am sorry, and that is all I can do. Being a male, I can have no idea of what a period is like. They tell me of their symptoms, but I can never truly feel their pain. My question is, what do your guy friends do for you girls if you choose to tell them that you are having your period?

Secondly, this is just a question of pure curiousity, if a girl is having her period and needs to use a public shower, would she remove her menstrual wear or would she keep it in. I ask because I am sure that some girls like to remove their tampons while showering, but if they are in a public showering facility, that might not be a good idea. On the other hand, the string might be visible. I dont no, I was just curious as to the situation, as one of my friends brought it up one day.

Thanks

Posts: 36 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
General sympathy for a woman having period pain is always nice. If you want, you could offer an asprin, but really, whenever anyone is in pain for any reason, a little understanding goes a long way. If she's not in any pain, then there's no huge issue-- menstural products are effective enough that having your period won't stop you doing anything.

There would be no reason for a woman to take a tampon out while she showered. The string probably wouldn't be very visible-- it usually just sits in between the folds of the labia, and even if it did hang down it wouldn't be terribly obvious. Besides, if someone did get a glimpse of it, it's completely normal-- approximately one in four of the women showering will be on their period, after all.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lotesseflower
Neophyte
Member # 27312

Icon 6 posted      Profile for lotesseflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You totally rock for even worrying about it. Go you!

I use sanitary pads, and in a communal shower situation I wouldn't worry about it and just go without anything. The bleeding doesn't happen that fast for most women, and in a shower it all just gets washed away right off. No one can tell.

Posts: 31 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.