Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Labia minora irritation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Labia minora irritation
soft_masc
Neophyte
Member # 108895

Icon 13 posted      Profile for soft_masc         Edit/Delete Post 
I sometimes find that a couple hours after my girlfriend and I (we're both trans) have vaginal sex my labia minora are irritated. It's not hugely painful, but it is quite uncomfortable and I'd like to avoid it. My principal theory is that although I have a sometimes excessive amount of lubrication, it's not getting where it would need to go in order to prevent this without intentional help from one of us and the friction is causing the irritation. Alternatively, is it possible or likely for one or both labia minora to fold in such a way during sex that penetration pulls in uncomfortable directions? Since we're fluid-bonded (no STIs, I don't ovulate and have an IUD, long-term relationship and so on), could mine or her fluids hanging around cause irritation?
Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Softmasc,

We can't say for certain what might be causing the irritation. But, I think your theory about using more lube is sound and worth a try, as lack of lube is one of the more common reasons for discomfort during or after intercourse. I would also give this a read, if you haven't already: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
If you haven't visited with a health care provider in a while, you might also consider doing that just to help you narrow down possible causes.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to know exactly what's going on, but I think a good first thing to try would be adding some extra lubrication; what you're describing sounds like a friction issue to me. Even if you're self-lubricating a lot, a thicker lube might be the extra help you need here.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soft_masc
Neophyte
Member # 108895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soft_masc         Edit/Delete Post 
Not exactly adding more lube, but more foreplay seems to have solved this problem. Thank you for your help!
Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.