Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Lots of questions, very confused!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lots of questions, very confused!!
kash30
Neophyte
Member # 109925

Icon 4 posted      Profile for kash30         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to start off by noting this isn't under pregnancy scares, because me and my boyfriend have never and don't plan on having sex. We have done sexual things, but everything falls under the NO RISK category (though I was kind of concerned about pregnancy for a while- silly me). My question is about my period. It's about 5 days late now (which isn't totally abnormal for me) but in the past month, every time my boyfriend fingered me, I had period like spotting (even just after my last period). Could that spotting be the reason I'm late now? It almost feels like I'm ovulating, even though I was supposed to ovulate about 2 weeks ago. Thanks in advance!
Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That spotting was most likely totally unrelated to your menstrual cycle, and your menstrual cycle likely has nothing to do with it.

When you two were doing that, were you always using plenty of lubricant? Latex gloves or, if not those, did your partner wash and seriously manicure his hands first, checking for even small things like hangnails and filing them?

Very few people will feel anything when ovulating. Some people get a very brief bit of ovarian pain -- called "middleschmertz" -- but it tends to be seriously momentary. Otherwise, there really is little to feel, and again, most people, most of the time, will not even feel that.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kash30
Neophyte
Member # 109925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kash30         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for responding!
The spotting I was experiencing was never bright red, like blood, but it was that dark pinkish brown you get on the last day or so of you period. But it would only be for that night and would never be continuous. That's why I assumed it was cycle related, because it wasn't blood colored!
As far as ovulation, I've always gotten the ovarian pain, so I just assumed!
There's no way I could be pregnant, so I'm just trying I ask for some advice before I went too crazy or went to a doctor, because I'm only about 5 days late.

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to see a healthcare provider and have access, no reason not to. If you're not up to date with your sexual healthcare, that's a good idea regardless. [Smile]

But again, can you check in about those questions I asked? because they might fill you in on why this has been happening.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kash30
Neophyte
Member # 109925

As far as I know, his hands and nails were fairly clean. He was always a little rough (nothing I didn't ask for) and I could feel his finger inside my stomach at times (major TMI). Is that what could have caused the bleeding and late period?
Heather
Member # 3

Well, he couldn't actually touch your stomach through your vaginal canal, but pressure at the back of the vaginal canal can certainly be felt sometimes in the abdomen generally.

But for sure, someone being very aggressive in a place as delicate as the vaginal canal absolutely can cause bleeding. And if other things also were not happening -- like using extra lube, for instance, or filing down nails, hangnails or callouses -- then all the more so.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

kash30
Neophyte
Member # 109925

So the general consensus is that this bleeding is unrelated to my delayed period? I was mostly just wondering if that type of bleeding would cause a delay, seeing as pregnancy isn't an option!
Heather
Member # 3

Probably.

Menses happens because of a whole cycle of hormonal changes that build up over weeks. Manual sex or bleeding from it - especially since that bleeding is most likely vaginal, not uterine - cannot change those patterns.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.