Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » sweaty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sweaty
outlawtrucker527
Neophyte
Member # 14717

Icon 9 posted      Profile for outlawtrucker527     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other day in my first hour class i was sitting around with some friends doing work. One of my friends said whats up with your arm pit. I looked and my whole underarm was drenched with sweat on both sides. Now im a big guy, im 15,6'3 ,and i wheigh 225, i dont have much fat because i play sports. The weird thing is i use to weigh 280 and this problem never happened ( i weighed this much just last year, so basically i was the same age if that helps). The tempeture was cool and i was not sweating anywhere else, so it really confused me. Is there some anti-persperent that does a good job of this, or a diffrent type of product? I really need some info because it makes me so embaressed.

Thanks

Posts: 9 | From: Columbia, Mo | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are oyu using an anti-perspirant at all? if not, then you can use some, but in moderation. Anti-perspirant isn't something you want to overdue because your body does need to sweat. But yeah, guys can sweat a lot, and it doesn't need to be hot for that to happen. Even mildly warm days can cause some guys to perspire a little.

if the regular anti-perspirant doesn't work for you, then talk to your doctor. Sometimes, really excessive perspiration can be treatable.

------------------
Q ... E ... D ... bee-yatch!
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevaeh
Neophyte
Member # 17909

Icon 14 posted      Profile for nevaeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there.

Hate to say this, but I used to have your same problem. And I'm not even big, so don't think that your weight has anything to do with it. I cannot diagnose you or anything, since I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you, I used to sweat all the time. It could be below freezing outside, I'd be wearing a tank top, and I'd still sweat. Sounds crazy, I know, and at the time I was extremely small. I'm 5'4 and I think at the time I weighed like 105 or something, but I'm guessing you're wanting to hear about how I stopped it? Well, it's something called Maxim. It's an anti-perspirant that you apply at night before you go to bed, and you wake up the next morning and voila, there you go, no more sweating. It's a really great product. I only have to use it once a week or less now! Anyway, to read up on it, or order go to http://www.stopsweat.com - it's got all kind of information! Well, good luck, hope I helped some!

*Nevaeh

- If you wondering what in the hell is "nevaeh" it's my name. It's heaven spelled backwards, kinda crazy I know...

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunterisawsome
Neophyte
Member # 17925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunterisawsome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well nevaeh, i just bought the maxim stuff five mnutes ago, i really hope it works.
Posts: 10 | From: Columbia,MO | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunterisawsome
Neophyte
Member # 17925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunterisawsome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well nevaeh, i just bought the maxim stuff five mnutes ago, i really hope it works.
Posts: 10 | From: Columbia,MO | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note, hunter/outlawtrucker, it's against the guidelines to have more than one user name. If for whatever reason, you cannot use your old name, you must let us know you've got a problem. You'll have to pick one user name and stick with it.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.