Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » stretch marks!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: stretch marks!
Marksgurl0567
Neophyte
Member # 16088

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Marksgurl0567     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey I have noticed that many girls have stretch marks, not a lot just maybe a few on their thighs. well I have a lot, and they are on my stomach and breasts they aren't extremely dark, but I dont want them there. I heard that if you put lotion,preferably cocoa butter lotion on your stretch marks they will go away. Is that true? if not what can help? Im sorry if this is in the wrong place! thanks!
Posts: 2 | From: Cincinnati,Ohio,United States | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilac15
Neophyte
Member # 14558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilac15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard that also....but i think it will make them lighter but not totally go away....if im wrong someone please correct me. I have also heard vitiman E works....some lotions and coco butters have that an also i think u can get just a container of vitiman E but i might have to go to a place like ulta or somthing....if u have ever heard of that store...i dont think there is one in ohio but u can go to ulta.com

hope i helped....
~sarah~

------------------
~!~ BeSt FrIeNdS aRe ThE oNeS wHo SeE tHe HuRt In Ur EyEs WhEn EvErYoNe ElSe Is FoOlEd By Ur SmIlE~!~

Posts: 12 | From: ATL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can buy bottles of vitamin e oil or vitamin e lotion in drugstores, or you could pop open a capsule and use that. Cocoa butter's equally easy to get, and usually comes in little sticks (like these, though they're often sort of tucked away).

And lilac's right. Stretch marks don't just go away, but they do face over time, becoming a very pale, almost unnoticeable silvery colour.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

We can't rewind, we've gone too far

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.