Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Shaving Legs????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shaving Legs????
AbercrombieBoy
Neophyte
Member # 15071

Icon 12 posted      Profile for AbercrombieBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I have noticed that tons of guys have been shaving thier legs @ school, and was wondering if it may be "gay" or such. My legs are no really hairy, but have hair on them, i kinda like them but, what is your advice, should I shavve them, or leave them?
-MM-

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shave if you want to, don't if you'd rather not.

'Gay' currently refers to be men being attracted to other men, not what you do with your body hair. The two things are unrelated.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

The Earth says Hel-lo!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
molly_hellion
Activist
Member # 15028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for molly_hellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say before you do anything drastic ask one of the boys in your school why they are shaving thier legs. Dont ever give into something because others are doing it. They also just may be on the swim team, or may have some kinda new really stupid trend that is starting. Look into it before you decided to shave off all your leg hair. Once its gone its gonna take awhile to grow back. Chances are you will regret it!!
Posts: 48 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by molly_hellion:
I say before you do anything drastic ask one of the boys in your school why they are shaving thier legs.

Same could go for girls! I always wondered why it was generally accepted that women shave their legs and men don't. Personally, I leave my hair alone because I like my legs that way (also I can't be arsed to shave - waste of time.)

Perhaps you should try shaving if you are curious because it will grow back (unlike doll's hair! Hehe) That way you can decide!

*badger*

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
molly_hellion
Activist
Member # 15028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for molly_hellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shave my legs when I have time. They usually always have a 5'o'clock shadow!HAHA
Posts: 48 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.