Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » funny moles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: funny moles
bluenails2
Neophyte
Member # 12375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluenails2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few weeks ago I noticed this weird "mole" on the inside of my arm (in line with my breast). It looked as though my skin had raised in a perfect circle and there appeared to be a little dollop of blood in it. I left it for a couple weeks not thinking anything of it, but it just stayed and looked more and more bloody. Eventually I just ended up scratching it off (VERY bad I know). It bled alot. During that time I found 5 of these things on my breast (exactly in line with the one on arm). Two were biggish (the size of a small freckle), two were just like pencil dots and one was on the outside of my aerola. Once again I stupidly scratched them off... they all bled. I figured they would heal up real quickly. Well that was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. The small ones have sort of healed. The one on my arm is still red and healing. The two bigs ones, however, are not healing at all it seems (even though I was putting Bactroban on them). They look like little round cuts and the skin around them is very red and sort of chapping.

Any ideas on what these funny little bumps were? The best description I have is that they were like clear moles with a bit of blood. What can I try over the counter to heal them?

Thanks!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RumpusParable
Activist
Member # 2295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RumpusParable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do they look like this?
http://www.skinsite.com/images/angioma.JPG

my husband has them all over his body, they're a benign tumor that is made by blood vessels called angiomas (cherry angiomas in this case).

but, there being no real way to tell through internet, if they don't look like this and/or keep spreading or acting wierd get to a doctor for a look-see. that's always best.

Posts: 160 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluenails2
Neophyte
Member # 12375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluenails2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is what they look, only not as bloody.

Any suggestions on how to help the ones I picked heal? I tried Bactroban.

Also... benign means that they are not harmful right? Is there anyway they can turn malignant?

Thanks!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vitamin E oil (pop open a capsule, or buy a little bottle of it) is very helpful for healing, that'd probably be better than the antiseptic you're using now.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

This is the time to unite over the Revolution of the Pants

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
molly_hellion
Activist
Member # 15028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for molly_hellion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am just curious if you had ever found out what they were or have they healed?
My advice would be to go to the doctor. Moles can be very tricky!

Posts: 48 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.