Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » My bangs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My bangs
thug420girl
Neophyte
Member # 13681

Icon 11 posted      Profile for thug420girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I have bangs. You know hair over the forehead. They're not long they probably just stop by my eyebrows. The problem is that I have tons of pimples under there. They aren't big and red, or anything like that but they are like spread out all over. Is it because of bangs, and how do I get rid of them without getting rid of my bangs? I'm only 13 and also was wondering when I'm an adult if I will still have them there?
Posts: 27 | From: Brook Park, ohio usa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I had bangs, i got all sorts of forehead acne, too. I'd suggest using a cleanser every night (i like the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash), and when you don't need your hair to be perfect, just bobby pin the bangs back so sweat and junk doesn't fester on your forehead.

------------------
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A good friend of mine had that, she had to go see a dermatologist because of the severity of it. Schedule an appointment with your doctor and see what she/he says.

Also, like Gummy said, if they don't have to be all pretty and down, wear a headband, a bandanna or do anything else to keep them off your head.

Plus, don't put loads of make up on them, only adds to the problem of clogged pores and such.

------------------
~Jay
"I am the sum of my parts and infinitely more so. The hum of my brain, the curve of my torso. The spark of my wit, the depth of my heart. Size is no measure in such a work of art" (from a Hanes Her Way ad)

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atticus Girl
Activist
Member # 13561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atticus Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with both of those posts, but to add on to it. . .

Personally I would recommend using either that Neutrogena stuff that Gumdrop mentioned or Clean & Clear (both the blackhead exfoiliating scrub as well as the daily acne cleanser). I used to have the exact same problem as you did until I grew out my bangs. Yeah, they can be quite irritating during the growing process but it's worth it in the end. Just keep it out of your face.

Posts: 105 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.