Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » 2 questions. worming and other questions about that area ;)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 questions. worming and other questions about that area ;)
onlyme
Activist
Member # 12734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i'm going to ask two different questions here to save another post...
first question: do us humans have to worm ourselves every month like our pet dogs and cats?
second (TOTALLY DIFFERENT) question: i am very particular about personal hygiene (smells and stuff) and i'm wondering if it's natural for people to get an unpleasant smell around the anus a few hours after washing? also i find that the only way i can properly clean my genitals is in the bath tub.. otherwise i feel all dirty and notice smells more, is there something wrong?
the smell thing is bothering me in relationships to because my partners want to perform oral sex on me and i want them to also but i get paranoid about the smells because THEY ARE THERE. so i end up babbling on and giving some poor excuse and ruining the moment altogether. the time i prefer them going down on me is freshly after washing, say in the space of a few hours.
what does everyone else do?

Posts: 77 | From: australia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
first question: do us humans have to worm ourselves every month like our pet dogs and cats?

Definitely not. It's not even a good idea to worm cats and dogs every month--just worm them when they have worms, which is most likely not that often. Worms aren't an automatic part of our intestines, they're parasites that are picked up from other places. So, it makes sense that you don't need to de-worm if you don't have them in the first place, yes?

NB: if you think you have worms, get thee to a doctor!

As for the smells... well, it's your anus, and it's not going to smell like a rose garden. If the odor is very strong and very noticeable, then perhaps you should see a doctor. It also might have something to do with your diet--do you consume lots of meat and dairy?

However, my general guess would be that your genitals smell pretty much like everyone else's. Genitals have odors, it's natural, and they're really just not something to worry about. If your smells are going to cause a potential partner to turn their nose up (so to speak) then do you really want to be having sex with that person anyway?

quote:
what does everyone else do?

I wash my genitals normally with water (and sometimes a bit of soap) in the shower, and wipe when i use the bathroom, and otherwise don't worry with it.

------------------
...you mean the files are in the computer?!?

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyme
Activist
Member # 12734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you very much. i guess i have to just let my mind settle
Posts: 77 | From: australia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think it's funny that you mention this.

a good pal of mine is going to Togo in a few weeks (maybe days now) because she just joined the Peace Corps. She is goingto do some agriculture work there. She used to work in a couple of botany and fungi labs. One of former her coworkers is a parasitologist. when my friend mentioned she was going to Africa for Peace Corps, the coworker lit up and expounded on all the strange and horrid parasites my friend was likely to pick up in Africa. Then she talked about how my friend would have to be detoxed upon arrival back in the states and of course, dewormed!

My friend is taking it well. She's of course not looking forward to deworming, but overall, she expects her experience to be amazing.

So note to all of you, if you live somewhere like Togo, deworming will be an issue. but if you live somewhere with Internet access, chances are, you're not going to have to worry about worms too much.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.