Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Diet type thing.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diet type thing.....
sunlvr15
Activist
Member # 13290

Icon 2 posted      Profile for sunlvr15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok..i know you are against diets w/out doctor concent..but i want to try this diet..but i'm not going to do it completely because its more for adults and other people.

anyways..its the South Beach Diet..it seems like it could work..i would love to try it..but the dinners and lunch and all that stuff is really yucky..or so it seems. so i'm going to eat what they list as healthy food. i know if i set my mind to it i can. its only for two weeks..so it won't be to bad...but the thing is..i might have a bit of trouble..for the first two weeks you have to stay away from ALL dairy products..and i am a fan of milk..i'm not going to give you the history but i like milk...and i don't like soda..so the next two weeks are going to be hard. i also have to give up bread..which is going to be very hard too. what i'm asking is for so ideas of what to substitute for these things(i'll decide if its what the book recominds..lol) also i was wondering..if what i'm going to try for breakfast is good..V8 splash...and the whites of a hard boiled egg...i haven't figured out about lunch..and i don't want the sam things every day...and dinner i'll just have whatever my parents have...so i'll keep you posted...but would that be a bad breakfast?

Posts: 57 | From: Va | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frozendreams
Activist
Member # 7638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frozendreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well that sounds like a healthy breakfast but it seems to me that you might still be hungry. so i hope you have enough will power to not eat more. thats my problem with dieting, i am a compulsive over eater.

------------------
formerly unhappykoger

Posts: 118 | From: dayton ohio usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one is going to agree that this is a good idea. This is why we recommend consulting with a doctor before starting any new diet or exercise regimen, and definitely before cutting out whole portions of your diet.

That said, yes, it's a good idea to consume everything you eat in moderation, and soda is something with no redeeming value whatsoever (unless you live in Michigan and get the 10 cent refund on your cans and bottles). But check with your doctor before messing around with a diet that you aren't really sure about and that you're learning from a book.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

Boo to the business world, you know a girl who's tax-free on her back and making plenty cash, but you are working for the joy of giving..." - Belle and Sebastian

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.