Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Waxing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waxing
Corvino
Neophyte
Member # 11700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend recently asked me if i would shave/wax my pubic hair. I know i have sensitive skin, any idea what would be the best way to go around this? i'd like to do it for him, but dont know which product would be best. any recomendations?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolita212
Neophyte
Member # 11528

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lolita212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi!
you can either shave or wax it, both having advantages and disadvantages!
if you shave, the hair will start growing again two/three days after, and it could itch. if you wax it, i suppose the hair will start growing minimum one week after, and it does hurt when getting off the wax...
i've shaved, but it itched so much three days after, that next time i do it i'll go for wax!
anyway, if u aswell go for wax, its better that the first time you go to an expert, in a beauty center, or some friend with serious experience. as u said, the skin of your genitals is very sensitive
good luck!

------------------
arrepentirse de lo que has hecho es mejor que arrepentirse de algo que no hiciste! =***

Posts: 13 | From: Spain | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janedoe101
Activist
Member # 11340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janedoe101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
after shaving my 'special spot' my skin got red and irritated, after waxing i didn't...of course i was red...but not as irritated, or itchy when the hair was growing back. I suggest using wax personally, i have sensitive skin as well Just know where you want to have hair, maybe even make a map...sometimes doing things by eye can end up in half of yoru pybic hair being gone! GOOD LUCK!
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just did a quick search for waxing and shaving pubic hair. And viola, I came up with these. They should probably answer all your questions and then some.
http://www.scarleteen.com/body/adv_shave.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000174.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000685.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/002081.html

------------------
~Jay
"I am the sum of my parts and infinitely more so. The hum of my brain, the curve of my torso. The spark of my wit, the depth of my heart. Size is no measure in such a work of art" (from a Hanes Her Way ad)

[This message has been edited by youcancallmepunk (edited 02-01-2003).]

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurae
Activist
Member # 10891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He wants you to shave, but, do you want to shave?

------------------
Laurae

"Music is essentially useless, as life is." George Santayana (1863 - 1952)

Posts: 60 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, youcancallmepunk, you just saved some Advocates a bit of work. Corvino, have a look at those links- you'll definitely find them helpful.

However, I do think it's also a good idea to discuss Laurae's point. You haven't mentioned much about what YOU want for yourself. I personally believe that whenever we do something to or with our bodies- whether it be something impermanent like shaving, or something permanent like a tattoo, it's healthiest when we're doing it first and foremost for ourselves. So please take a bit of time to consider not only what your boyfriend wants, but what you want also.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvino
Neophyte
Member # 11700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice. And in answer to your question, yes im perfectly happy with it. I found the best ever product for bikini lines! Boots Botanics Soothing Hair Removal Cream. Ive used immac in the past and i just end up blotchy because my skins very sensitive, or it doesnt remove all the hair. But this one. OMG! silky smooth! i'd recomend it to anyone!!!
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roziline
Activist
Member # 11078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roziline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
boots d a great range of products dont they! Is boots in the USA too?

------------------
Rosie
the girl dreams are made of =)

Posts: 68 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I recall right, there used to be Boots shops in Canada and maybe the US a decade or two ago, but they're now just in the UK. It's important to remember that 'bikini line' refers only to the bit of flesh between the top of the thigh and the mons, and that products intended for use there should bever be used on your vulva, okay? That could cause some serious irritation and even harm.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

But now is a chance to shine
And have the pleasure of saying what you mean
Have the pleasure of meaning what you sing

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyAngel86
Activist
Member # 11613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,last time I was with my bf he licked me out and I did enjoy it.I hadnt shaved and was wondering does this turn guys off??He hasnt said nething about it and neither have I like if its been disgusting or nething coz I enjoyed it!
Thanks xxxx

Posts: 43 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything.

Some girls and guys like pubic hair more than others, but not one who's expecting to have any partnered sex in their lives can fairly expect a partner to be without it, because it's part of the human body. You should remove your pubic hair if you want to, and only then.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Danny says Relax.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janesatool
Neophyte
Member # 11832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janesatool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you should make your boy friend buy the wax. he's the one who wants you smooth. i'm going throught the same thing with my boyfriend, i'm perfectly happy with being trim. but he wants it all gone. so i told him he can buy the wax. and it worked.

Posts: 7 | From: vista, CA, 92083 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Hey, manipulation and/or mind games do NOT = good sex and healthy relationships. If you don't want to remove your pubic hair, say so. If you do, do it. It really is that simple.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

BabyAngel86
Activist
Member # 11613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About that Botanics Soothing Cream, does that work 4 eyebrows??
Posts: 43 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.