Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Help for my sister

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help for my sister
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister thinks something is wrong with her. She gets yeast infrection much too often, maybe even once a month, or every other month.
Shes done as much research for all the reasons they could be caused, and shes taken creams and pills, but the over the counter doesnt work and, even prescription, she just keeps getting them. And shes been to her doctor.
Is there a reason why she keeps getting them?...like could it be more or deeper than just yeast infections. She is sexualy active, she uses lube,she says she hardly wears thongs anymore...could anything be else wrong with her?
My mom says she even had problems when she was young and she needed cream to help her develop more, could that have anything to do with whatevers wrong?...
thanx
also my sister has always been the sensitive type and my other sister says maybe she has a low immune system like she does?..does that sound right, could that be the problem?...i dont think her doctor is any help, if it cold be that, how does that work?

[This message has been edited by blond ambition (edited 01-07-2003).]

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your sister doesn't feel her doctor is providing her with adequate care and/or answers, then perhaps she should consider seeking a second opinion.

None of us are doctors, nor can we see your sister's symptoms or her medical (and family medical) history. You mentioned that your sister use lubricant during sexual activity, are she and her partner using condoms for all contact? It's possible for partners to pass a yeast infection back and forth many many times if both of them don't get treated. Moving away from thongs might be a helpful step, but she should also consider moving to only cotton panties (they're much more breathable than spandex, lycra or nylon types). Has she cut out the sugary foods and started eating more live culture (and unflavored) yogurt?

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.