Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » protected sex but late period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: protected sex but late period
hickeygurl417
Neophyte
Member # 10026

Icon 4 posted      Profile for hickeygurl417     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i havnet had my period yet i should have gotten it this week i know its possible to stille get pregnant from using condoms but i seriously doubt i am pregnant because i lost 8 pounds this month which i didnt even realize till like 3 days ago i was thinking maybe its stress because of my job and school but i dunno. i also get scared easily bout this cuz i had unprotected sex in august then got my period then in sept i had unprotected and protected sex and got my period but now that i think bout it i dont remember if i got my period in oct...argh i worry to much. u guys think i could be pregant thats money for an abortion that i dont have right now and how would i tell the father .. guh guh maybe i should stop worring i always do this to myself..
Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, your period very well be delayed due to stress on your body or other factors--but you may as well buy a home pregnancy test for your peace of mind. Also, to keep track of exactly when you've started periods, it's always nice to keep a candle so that you can predict your cycle.

If you don't have funds for an abortion or other sexual health care, nor can handle pregnancy or STDs, you may want to reconsider your readiness for sex:

Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just an additional note:

If you have used a condom for ALL direct genital contact and it did not rip, tear, break or slip off, you can rest assured that it was 100% effective in that instance.

Too, if you "always do this to yourself," it might be time to consider using an additional method of birth control with your condoms OR waiting until you're not so stressed and anxiety-ridden about possible consequences to have sex, pregnancy and infection/disease transmission is always a possibility, so there are times in our lives when we're just not up to dealing with all of that. This might be one of them, eh?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.