Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Yep another another bra question from moi...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yep another another bra question from moi...
KissyFace8
Activist
Member # 7203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KissyFace8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I was just wondering, what if you go into a store like Lasenza to get a bra, but you are too small? What if the smallest sizes don't even fit? Because I'm scared that that might happen to me. Any suggestions on anywhere else I can get "smaller" bras?

*muah*
KissyFace8

------------------
*You were born an original. Don't die a copy.*
C-eh N-eh D-eh!
Canadian girls kick ASS!

Posts: 41 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just*this*girl
Neophyte
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just*this*girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you thought about a limited too I dont know if you have them in Canada but its like a kid/teen store and they might have ones that are smaller.
Posts: 16 | From: Never Never Land | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can't find anything on the racks to fit, you can always ask a shop attendant to see if there's anything in the back room. Failing that, you can try other shops, or go for tank-top style bras that are sized by band size, not cup size. And if it's any comfort, it's much, much easier to find cute bras in smaller sizes than bigger ones. There's no reason to be embarassed about you size, whichever end of the spectrum you're on, really there isn't.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you go into a lingerie store, they will have bras in A and probably AA cup sizes. You can help yourself from the racks, take them into the dressing room, and try them on. If they don't fit, nobody will know.

If that doesn't work, browse the teens/pre-teens section of your local department store as suggested - they have some cute things!

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shinri
Neophyte
Member # 5343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shinri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kissyface, I suggest going to La Senza Girl, or La Vie En Rose.

La Vie En Rose (www.lavieenrose.com) is GREAT for smaller sized women, but their bras can cost anywhere from 10 to 100 bucks. Also have great looking corsets. Unfortunately, to get a really nice bra from there, you'll be looking to spend at least 20 bucks.

Dunno if that helps, but I hope it does

------------------
http://shinri.enji.org <- The stuff useless things are made of.

Posts: 39 | From: Vangroovy, Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have pretty small ones too. I bought mine in Sears or La Baie (the bay?). It was a while ago, I couldn't fit in those from special shops.
Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried these tops called Sloggi's. They're kinda like training tops/ sports bras. I was really really small and I found them great. I would say you can tham or something like them in an American department store or something(I'm just a lil ol' Irish leprechaun here)
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
funny, i was searching a different topic, but i wanna throw in my 2¢ here...

I noticed that Limited 2 (teen version for the limited which targets the 18-25 crowd) carries bras (cups, racer back, crop tops, all of them) in band sizes 30 to 34 with cup sizes not exceeeding B. So if you're looking to go smaller, but want to wear something cute, check them out.
http://www.limitedtoo.com/

------------------
"Things are only fragile till they break."

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed now that places like La senza only have the more common A, B, and C cups. Their straps are too long for me, and the last few times I've been in their they didn't have a good size for me. I've been forced into La Vie En Rose, which I do like better, but is by no means cheap.

I really do like it much more, however. I like the blacks and red lacy underwear better then the bright blue, pink, yellow, purple, etc's that don't fit me anyways.

You really just have to shop around to find a place that you really like.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PunkyFische
Neophyte
Member # 10151

Icon 12 posted      Profile for PunkyFische     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must say, I absolutely adore La Senza. When I went in there for the first time, it was with my mum, I was absolutely gobsmacked at the lovely bras. I'd never seen anything like it! I walked in thinking "I'm never gonna find a bra to fit me, this place is for all grown up women with big boobs" ...But I was wrong! La Senza is my favourite shop of all time now and the bras make me a million times more confident with my chest size. I recommend anyone to go in even if you think you will never find a cute bra to fit you, because that's exactly how I felt and now I feel more grown up like I should be.

------------------
Is It Enough To Love? Is It Enough To Breathe? Somebody Rip My Heart Out And Leave Me Here To Bleed

Posts: 15 | From: My Very Own World | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.