Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » pain while peeing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pain while peeing
hands1
Neophyte
Member # 1262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hands1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a little problem. I am just nearing the end of my period and all of a sudden, when i am peeing, i am having these pains, like someone is punching me in the stomach. Why am I getting these sudden sharp pains? Does it have anything to do with my period?
Posts: 13 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pain when urinating is generally because of a urinary tract or bldder infection, caused by bacteria in any number of ways.

If you are having that pain, you need treatment -- it won't just go away. See a doctor.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hands1
Neophyte
Member # 1262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hands1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again. I just wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that in the last few months, i've had yeast infections? Do you think i have another one?
Posts: 13 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Urinary tract infections and yeast infections certainly can be related: they both arise from bacterial imbalances in the body.

Be sure when you see your doctor that you make mention of the yeast infections as well. It could be that the same thing is causing both of these illnesses.

Things to watch out for with both types of infections are any of the following:
- wiping when you urinate or defacate from back to front instead of front to back
- wearing sweaty or wet clothing, or underwear without natural fivers for long lengths of time
- nutritional imbalances, poor diet or food allergies
- not urinating before and after intercourse to help clear bacteria
- having one infection without treating it or completing treatment for it.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And don't just try to make it go away with cranberry juice. yeah, it helps, but you still need to see a doctor! otherwise, the infection can spread to your kidneys if left untreated.

ask about Levaquin®, it's a potent antibiotic used for treatment of UTIs. take for only 2 or 3 days.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hands1
Neophyte
Member # 1262

Thanks for all the replies. I just got back from my doctor. I had a urine test and she gave me these pills i take twice a day for three days to relieve pain and infection. I already notice a bit of a difference since yesterday!! 8--)
Heather
Member # 3

Well, hooray.

Urinary tract infections are the absolute worst. For a while I had them chronically, and they made my nuts. Glad you're feeling better!

(P.S. While on any antibiotics, it's a good idea to eat plenty of yogurt. That helps keep you from getting a yeast infection from the antibiotics.)

hands1
Neophyte
Member # 1262

Yogurt? I have probs with a lot of lactose products at one time. I just can't stomach them all the time. I probably will just try to take it in small amounts then. My lower back and my stomach is a bit sore. Could it be from the medication or from the actual bladder infection?
Heather
Member # 3

Sounds like that's still from the infection.

You can get non-dairy acidophilus tablets at any health food store, which gets rid of the dairy factor. You don't want to upset your tummy any more than it already is!

hands1
Neophyte
Member # 1262

Well, the pain is gone from peeing but i still find myself being a bit itchy. I got medication to take. You take one dose (1 pill) and it is supposed to relieve the symtoms within 2 days. I feel that it hasn't worked yet bc i am still itchy down there. It's wierd. It's in spots where it's really hard to itch too and it's uncomfortable if i leave it. I am just a mess!!
playingbyheart
Activist
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playingbyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Urinary Tract Infections SUCK! I got them REAL bad when i was younger and in forth grade i had an operation to have my uriters reimplanted (or something like that) and i was in the hospital for a week. But it beat having the infections all the time.
Posts: 91 | From: Chicago, Il | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiNkRoSe13
Activist
Member # 9055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PiNkRoSe13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there i use to have the SAME exact problem. and about a month ago when i was going to get my school physical i told my doctor about all my urinary symptoms and she took a test on it when i was right there and as it turns our i had an infection!! it was serious too! im glad i told my doctor about it cause now i take medicine and its ALL gone!!
Posts: 49 | From: Frankfort IL USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.