Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » itchy stuff.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: itchy stuff.
Camiro
Activist
Member # 14658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camiro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My vagina has been itching a bit this past week. Not far inside or anything, but not on the labia either, just like.. at the edge. There's kind of a rough spot that I think wasn't there before. I haven't ever had sex, so I'm not all that worried it's something awful, but it is normal? Could it be from my tampons, or mastubating?
Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EversBoo15
Activist
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be both. hear are 4or5 possible things...

*It could be your Tampon being place in wrong, Or plasic applicator could of scratched it and cut it.

*Could be if you masterbated and your nails could of nicked it on accident.

*Cotton panties rubbed it raw.Its happened to me before!

*Or could be a yeast infection maybe from dirty water or some other ways you can get it,But I forget.

You could get it checked out by a gyno...Just to make sure its not a yeast infection. If its not then I recommend you get some itching cream that made for you gentials like Ex: Monstat(sp?) for itching "Down there"lol! It works trust me I used it before fast working too!

Hope that helps

------------------
Puerto Rican O.o o.O always spaced out 0.o o.0 Puerto Rican Donde esta corazon??

[This message has been edited by EversBoo15 (edited 03-22-2004).]

Posts: 116 | From: Va,Usa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nix on the Monistat. It's really not a good idea to use over the counter yeast infection remedies unelss you know for sure that that's what's wrong. You can read more on those here. Dirty water's not an issue, yeast is a fungus, and it can just happen when things get out of balance.

Otherwise, yes it could indeed be irritation from a tampon or nail (wounds can itch as they heal). If you're still on your period, it would be a really good idea to stop using tampons until you're feeling better. Commercial pads aren't great for irritated vulvas either. However, it's super easy to fold some flannel or even an old wash cloth to the thickness you want, and pin it into your undies. Women have been dealing with periods that way for hundreds of years, and it still works just fine.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

Everything's been sold to others' revolutions

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a few more things:

eat some yogurt-- the live bacteria fights off the bad yeasties in your body, keeping things in balance.

you can apply PLAIN yogurt (no fruity flavored kinds) directly to your vaginal area to ease the itchiness and discomfort. it can be kind of messy, so i would suggest doing so right before you go to bed at night and laying down on a towel or something. the yogurt feels nice and cool against irritated skin, and once again, the acidolphus bacteria can get to work fighting the yeasties.

acidolphus tablets are an awesome way to keep yeast production under control-- its the same stuff in yogurt but in a nice, convenient pill form. you should be able to find them at the health food store- i think they are refrigerated (the ones i take are), and just pop a few every day and it should help keep things regulated in the yeast department.

also, yeast LOVES sugar, so if you are eating lots of processed foods or sugary snacks and sodas, you might want to cut down-- for good health in general.

but please, see your doc about this to determine exactly what it is. it's no fun to try and treat a "yeast infection" on your own if its not really a yeast infection, because sometimes those over the counter creams and such can make the yeast more resistant and harder to treat.

good luck and feel better soon!

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camiro
Activist
Member # 14658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camiro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much. ^__^ I think it mustve been a scratch or something, as it seems to have healed up. Many thanks and glad-nessess that this board exists.
Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.