Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Drug Testing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drug Testing
Ontario
Neophyte
Member # 16918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ontario     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right section, I apologize in advance if it's not.

I have reason to believe that a "friend" (I use the term loosely....) put something in my drink while at his house on the weekend. I was not the only one drinking, and when I brought it up, discovered a gf of mine was feeling as oddly as I was. She had been drinking more than I was, and actually does not remember some moments of the evening. I was coherent (I was not raped, or taken advantage of), but felt extremely high. Very very different feeling from being drunk. That being said, I spoke to some friends, every single one of them came back saying it could have been "GHB" or liquid ecstacy which was put in the drinks.
I went to the clinic today and got a drug test (urine) however i've done some research and it seems that GHB leaves your body in 12-24 hours. This is now going on 48 hours. I'm angry and frustrated that it may not show up, or if this is even common enough a drug to be tested for by a lab. I don't know what to do from here. I'm afraid i'm going to be stuck without proof and he'll try this again. Friends talked to the guy today and he said "oh, the girls were drunk"...we most definately were NOT. I had one shot and I was feeling out of my head... Should I go back and tell the lab what I think the drug was so they can test specifically, maybe with a blood test? Would blood test capture things urine tests would not?

Thanks a bunch....any advice would be great!

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
unfortunately, GHB does metabolize quickly, which is why some rat bastards are using it to drug people and take advantage of them. calling it liquid ecstacy is a huge misnomer because GHB is a depressant (unlike E, which is a stimulant).

But even so, don't give up! Go to the authorities ASAP and tell them what you suspect happened. They may want to test you anyway in case. that, and they will want to talk to you because tampering with someone's drink is serious business.

in the future, you need to be extremely careful at parties, especially about your food and beverage.

Here's some tips on how to stay safe at parties:

• If you are drinking, know your limits. It's cliche, but true!!!
  • Stay close to friends and keep an eye on each other.
  • Know your surroundings at all times and don't go off alone or with strangers.
  • Always pour your own drink, or carefully watch someone pour it for you, to make sure it hasn't been tampered with.
  • Don't leave a drink unattended for any period of time -- if you put it down, toss it and go get a new one!

Please be safe and drink responsibly (which means no drinking at all if you are underage)!

------------------
    if p then q (statement)
    if p then not q (negation)
    if q then p (converse)
    if not p then not q (inverse)
    if not q then not p (contrapositive)

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  • Ontario
    Neophyte
    Member # 16918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ontario     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Gah, now i'm even more angry. I went to the cops, after your adivce (thanks, btw ), mostly for information on what can be done with such little evidence to anything. I told them everything, openly and honestly. They basically ignored the fact that I said I might have been drugged, and essentially said "come in with your gf, she'll need to file a report" since she might have been sexually violated. Now, I understand her evening was more serious than mine, however, I feel a little cheated. I guess I didn't really expect much else. Guess he goes on happily, while the cops can't do anything. Makes me sick
    Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Insane
    Activist
    Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Just a note, not to demean your experience at all, but I would suggest that you no longer hang around this "friend" or go to his/her house anymore. You definetely don't need people like that in your life.

Although, it can be terribly frustrating, you must also realize that no matter what happens with the cops, you have learned a very valuable lesson, without getting seriously harmed-don't leave drinks unattended.

Whenever I used to drink as a teenager/young adult, we ALWAYS had a 'sober sister'. Meaning at least one person was always sober in order to watch over everyone else. Your 'sober sister' was always there to put you in a cab if she (or he) felt you needed it. They were also aware of any 'weird activity' ie would have seen that their friend was acting terribly drunk on one beer for example. Mind you, we only partied in small groups, if you are a bigger group consider more then one 'sober sister'.

If you feel the need, then by all means, continue this line with the cops. If you ask to file a complaint, they cannot refuse you.

------------------
    Mommy, my boogers are yummy. Here try some! (I real conversation with my 2.5 year old)

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
    Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.