Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bikini Line Problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bikini Line Problems
Amaranthine
Neophyte
Member # 4243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amaranthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok this is kind of a gross topic, but how do you get rid of ingrown hairs? I mean, I always get them! ALWAYS! I hate it so much. I'm too chicken to wax, so I just shave eh hem..."down there" LOL. Are there any good products I can use that make the little red bumps go away?
Posts: 26 | From: NC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best way I've found is to make sure you exfoliate a lot, and you can find exfoliaters by the body washes at your grocery store. Be gentle though, as it's a tender area and you don't want to rub it raw. Exfoliating will slough off the dead skin cells, and you'll be left soft and silky. And for the occasional ingrown hairs I get, I just take a pair of tweezers to 'em.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a loofah is a good thing. you might want to break it in before using it in on your bikini line first.

I also buy exfoliating soap at Bath and Body Works. They have some nice stuff. but really, almost anything will do.

but be careful with the ingrowns. it's best to have them lanced by a docotr, otherwise you might get infections from the broken skin if you try to pull out the hairs yourself.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also find that along with exfoliating (I use those little mesh gloves you can get at the Body Shop along with a favorite soap or cleansing gel), that shaving with the growth (instead of against it) may not leave you with the smoothest shave, but it reduces the ingrown hairs. Very worth it in my opnion.

------------------
Louise Lalonde
-Scarleteen Sexpert & Volunteer du Jour

"Glad to have a friend like you,
And glad to just be me"
-Carol Hall

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amaranthine
Neophyte
Member # 4243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amaranthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, for all your help. I've tried a loofa, and exfoliating stuff from Bath & Body works too! But it doesn't seem to help me. So I think I will just have to wax. *ouch!* it can't be that bad.
Posts: 26 | From: NC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a product called "tend skin" works wonders on ingrown hairs. I believe you can purchase it at beauty.com.

It's a lifesaver!

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
izziel1923
Neophyte
Member # 4271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for izziel1923     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly I just started waxing, and it's not that bad, it only stings for a second, but try Nads and have a friend. Hot wax is no fun unless done by a professional, which is expensive.

------------------
~*~Sarah~*~
Take my hand and we can fly higher than the stars.

Posts: 27 | From: Asheville, NC - Freak Capitol of the US and proud of it | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.