Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » so sore...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so sore...
starlightstarbright
Neophyte
Member # 4031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlightstarbright     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a size DD and I exercise a lot! I am not overweight, big chests just run in my family. Well, anyway lately at the gym the area right above my chest has become extremely sore. I can't do the treadmill or any running sort of activity. It feels literally like my boobs are gonna rip right off of me . I've also begun to get stretch marks there that have never been there before. Any ideas what is going on, while I know that stretch marks appear when you grow, my chest is not getting any larger. Speaking of size...what exercises and machines can work you chest muscles? Any other big chest chicas having my problems? If so, please share...
Posts: 37 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd recommend consulting a physician- they'd probably have the best advice on what exercises work best with your body type. There are exercises you can do to build up chest muscles, but get someone who knows their stuff to tell you which will work best and not be harmful to you.

Don't worry about the stretch marks- it could be that your breast size has increased just a little bit, but not enough to change cup size.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, underneath your breasts are your pectoral muscles, and those are the muscles you want to work out. Doing things like bench presses and barbell presses and even pushups will work out your pecs. Although you might want to get a weight-lifting friend to help you out. To spot you, correct your form, and give you different excersises.

Now as for your breasts, are you wearing a good sports bra? If you don't have the right support, then you're screwed before you've started. Go to the mall, go to every department store (skip Victoria's Secret, if you've ever shopped there than you already know why, muwahaha) and try on sports bras. Jump up and down, do jumping jacks, see how much they jiggle. The best kind I've ever heard of (as, I don't have big boobs but my mom does) Has like, two different snapping things in the back, and fastens almost like a regular bra.

If you're still hurtin', then talk to your doc or a physical trainer about what alternatives there are to what you're doing, that will hurt less.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
34DD / 36D representin'!

i like to do push ups, use the butterfly weight machine, and use free weights to exercise my pecs and deltoids (back/shoulder muscles).

the butterfly machine is the one where you put your arms up at a 90 degree angle and press inward, lifting some weights. it works out your pectoral muscles, which helps give your bust a li'l boost, which may help alleviate your upper-body aches.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A side note:

Push ups with your arms widely spread tend to put more load on your back muscles, and less on your pecs. With your arms closer together (but not TOO close), you work your chest more.

That's what I remember, anyway...but its a bit late.

------------------
Please sit still...while I devour your brain.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That used to happen to me when I was dancing without a good enougb sports bra. Isn't there a tendon in there that holds your breasts up, and when it sags, they sag permanently? I was always scared to death about that, so now I wear heavy-duty sports bras.

Em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have large breasts (although not quite as large, 34D/36C), and I excercise a LOT, so here's my suggestion to you: get a mashing bra! You can order some good ones through L.L.Bean (a nice one to try is the Champion style #072), I think, but the only way I've ever been able to get the support I needed was through a bra that totally smashed my breasts into me. They generally allow for no bounce, at all whatsoever.

The pains you are feeling (and I say this with some certainty because I had a similar problem) are coming from the tendons holding your breasts in place. If you don't have enough support when you are doing strenuous activities, such as running, then your breasts begin to bounce really hard, and it pulls/puts stress on those tendons. This leads to saggy breasts (oh, curse the day I ever played softball!) so I would definitely suggest getting a good bra. The stretch marks could be a sign of breast growth or a sign of the skin stretching out and beginning to sag from the bouncing you're doing.

And yes, once your breasts sag, they sag for good.

Hope this helps!

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

[This message has been edited by AngelElisheva (edited 06-23-2001).]

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.