Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Help, I'm going insane!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help, I'm going insane!
Allied_Skies03
Neophyte
Member # 11184

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Allied_Skies03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I feel kind of stupid for doing this, but I'm driving myself completely insane because I'm worrying so much. I'm 18 years old and for the last couple of months, my period has been out of wack. Last month it only lasted for about three days, which was odd because up until then my period has been fairly regular. Well now this month, it seems to be compeletely non-existent I've never had sex and I was completely disturbed to find the information supplied on medical websites said I should have a pregnancy test anyway. It also included a list of diseases associated with missed cycles, which of course, completely freaked me out. I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time, I just need some peace of mind I know stress can cause this as well, but like I said, I've been fairly regular ever since I got it. Please help me I can't stand worrying about it anymore ..
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Posts: 7 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodness child! You are a stress-case that needs immediate reassurance.

We can definitely set aside your pregnancy worry since it's been proven that ejaculate or pre-ejaculate needs to come in contact with your genitals for a chance of pregnancy. So don't worry about that.

As for your worry about having a disease? I seriously doubt it, but if you ever suspect that anything is different with your body it's always best to see a doctor. I don't know of any diseases that can cause missed periods (except maybe endometriosis) but if you're worried you need to see a doc.

And then that could be it aswell. You seem very worried, and that really does have a big impact on your cycle. Are there many thing happening in your life right now? Divorce, breakups, school-stress, anything? Is your body undergoing any change like exercise or weight-loss? All of these factors can greatly contribute to missed or delayed periods.

------------------
"There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread." -Mother Teresa

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -Theodore Rubin

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allied_Skies03
Neophyte
Member # 11184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allied_Skies03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for the information, it's seemed to calm me down a little. I guess I've been pretty stressed out this month..everyone expects so much of me and seems to forget that it's my life. I keep trying to make them happy, by saying all the right things, but I'm getting so confused as to what my life is to become. I can't seem to make a choice. I really have no one to talk to..so I just keep it inside, and I guess that could very well contribute to this case. I just wanted to say thanks for making a pyscho like me feel a little better..

Posts: 7 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Allied_Skies03:
everyone expects so much of me and seems to forget that it's my life. I keep trying to make them happy, by saying all the right things, but I'm getting so confused as to what my life is to become. I can't seem to make a choice.

I know exactly how you feel, so don't feel like you're alone. No one can run your life for you, so it really is your decision as to how you do it. People might expect a lot from you, but you don't have to live up to their expectations!!! Just try your best, and that really is all that matters. Trust me.

Do you know why you're getting confused with your life? You said it yourself. "I keep trying to make them happy, by saying all the right things, but I'm getting so confused as to what my life is to become." Don't ever go out of your way to do anything for anybody if it affects you in a bad way. The only way you'll ever know who you are in life is if you stay true to yourself. Do what YOU want to do. Do things that make YOU happy, and be HONEST to yourself and others.

That's the secret of life.

------------------
"There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread." -Mother Teresa

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -Theodore Rubin

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlwaysWorried
Activist
Member # 8472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlwaysWorried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I know exactly how you feel, everyone expects you to act a certain way and you just do it because you feel you have to. I've spent my life doing that and I still do most of the time (if people knew the real me they'd be kinda freaked out) but sometimes I act differently to see peoples reactions. For instance, I don't listen to Slipknot normally but there's a few songs I can stand and I put it on at school. The look on one guys face when he walked in and said "Oh my God! [my name]'s listening to Slipknot!" was amazing.

Anyway, I've gone off topic, basically live life your way, otherwise you'll look back and think "Hey, why was I doing that? I could have done so much more."

------------------
Life rocks

Posts: 125 | From: Leicestershire, England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allied_Skies03
Neophyte
Member # 11184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allied_Skies03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, thanks alot. It's nice to actually have someone say (err write) that to me. It's also good to know that I'm not the only person with the facade problem. It's incredibly difficult to pick sides, but I know that somewhere along the way I have to make myself happy as well..
Again, I thank you both.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.