Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Tired!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tired!!
ravenclawbeater14
Neophyte
Member # 9218

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ravenclawbeater14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every night, no matter what time I get into bed, no matter how tired I am, I can't get to sleep. For example I'll get into bed at like 11:00 and then won't end up getting to sleep until around 2:00 or 2:30 in the morning. I have tried reading, counting sheep, relaxing, clearing my mind...all the stuff people have told me to do. I just need help on getting to sleep earlier or ideas on how to clear my mind. Anything will help!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first of all, not thinking "am i sleeping now? and now? and now? and now?" helps. just thinking about nothing.

concentrating on breathing slowly.

getting up earlier. if you get up late because you fell asleep late, it becomes a cycle. you will sleep even later, and then wake up later, then sleep later... but if after a while of waking up earlier doesn't work, stopping that would probably be better because then you will get super tired (and still wont be sleeping).

this is all i can think of for now.

maybe also making sure there is no noise and it is dark (i heard somewhere that when it is dark, you produce a sleeping "hormone" or something like that, i'm not quite sure about what it was though)

Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni
Activist
Member # 6560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you might want to make sure there isn't a medical reason for your not being able to fall asleep reasonably quickly. If it really gets bad, I suggest getting some blood work done and talking to a doctor. Imbalances in hormones or nutritional problems could be messing up your ability to sleep easily. For me, being anemic took it's toll on my sleep until I found out about it and started taking supplements.

I don't mean to scare you, but I just want to alert you to the fact there may be a very simple medical reason you can't sleep well. "it happened to me" ;]. Good luck.

------------------
If you want to dip into someone else's life for a while then go here

Posts: 43 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got a lot of hits, so i'm not gonna list links, but if you search "insomnia" and "sleep" in the General Health & nutrition and the Body & Soul forums, you will hit a bunch of topics with plenty ideas for how to summon the Sandman
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/search.cgi?action=intro&default=24

sleep tight!

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.