Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Butt Pimples.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Butt Pimples.
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey iw as just reading over the board about previous topics and i found on about pimples on youre butt.
I have them too and was wondering what products to use and also i readin a magazine tha to stop getting them that you should exfoliate and moisturise it to stop your pores clogging up and found it to b a pretty good idea.
Claire

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt there are special products for your butt alone but I would say that a fragrance free body cleanser would be your best bet.

Neutrogena has some fab stuff.

Butt pimples work the same way as all other pimples. So just keep your body clean and you should be fine. If the pimples irritate you, you could always see a dermatologist.

You shouldn't actually exfoliate everyday because exfoliating too often can dry out your skin, depending on what skin type you are.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many years ago, I worked for a skin-care expert.

She validated what Lin has said. In fact, she said that a simple soft washcloth was as coarse as anyone should be using on their skin daily, because sloughing the skin too much can cuase premature wrinkling and damage as you NEED the top layer of your skin for protection.

Once a week or less, using a different exfoliant on your body like a salt rub, or an oat or rice bran scrub is fine, but do be gentle with your skin.

Overwashing as well can cause your skin to compensate for oil loss by producting MORE oil, not less.

So, just practice sensible skin care: wash your skin once or twice daily with a gentle cleanser and a washcloth, try and keep things that can irritate it (like harsh detergent residues in your clothes, etc.) away from it, and if you have a serious problem with acne, see a dermatologist.

(Also, be aware of what you put INTO your body. Drinking plenty of water and eathing healthfully can make a big difference. And if you aren't getting enough daily vitamins and minerals that support cellular function, like vitamins E, A and D, and the mineral zinc, consider supplementing.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that really hot water can cause but pimples. Plus your butt is a very sensitive part of your body since you hardly ever expose it. I like the aprocot scrub. i=It has the little srubbers in it and it makes your skin feel nice. To tell you the truth I really never use it on my butt. I always just used soap and water and that seemed to work fine. But as Lin said everyones skin type is different so you should use a wash that best suits you.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To add to what everyone else has said, there are also times where you break out in certain places. Acne doesn't just happen on the face, but it can occur anywhere. As they've said the odd pimple on your bum will happen just like anywhere else from a large factor of reasons and there is no miracle cure. Good luck with it
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlinkN*boys182
Activist
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkN*boys182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also wareing really tight jeans, or pleather/leather pants can make you brake out on your butt b/c the pores cant "breath"

-Abby

------------------
A day without laughter is a day I come closer to death.

Posts: 60 | From: over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I can think of is this one body wash. Neutrogrina (sp?) makes it, its called something along the lines of Acne Body Wash. Ergh, I can't remember the exact name, but if you saw it, you'd know what it was.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downward...

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why, but I found the words 'butt pimple' extremely funny.

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diva2000
Neophyte
Member # 3353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diva2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I treat them just like any other pimples.

I use nutrogena products when I get a breakout.

Posts: 37 | From: Chicago,Il,USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.