Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » My soul

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My soul
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess this is the best place to post this: Body and Soul. This isn't your regular post, but I feel inclined to write it. I just wanted to post about my soul. In no ways is this post intended to bring up any quarrels with religious matters... I'm just posting my beliefs.

My soul has always been a big part in my life, and I feel as though I have been around a long time. I belive in reincarnation: that the soul keeps on living, recieving new bodies after one's death and that it grows stonger with each life. I've always felt very spiritual, and I try to build on my feelings everyday. I've been through a lot in my life, and I have become stronger because of it. When I was in fifth grade, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, and I slipped into a depression not long after that. It was a tough few years, but my family and I made it out alive and well. I have learned so much from those experiences, and the people around me have helped me during the tough times and they continue to help me on my journey to find out who I really am. There was a time in my life when I thought I wouldn't make it out of my depression alive, but I'm very, very glad that I did. I have grown in every way during and since then. I'm a very sensative person, and that has helped me in my journey as well.... It has caused a lot of pain, but in the end, I always come out stronger. I hope to continue to grow so that in my next life, I will be wiser.

I believe that the soul is an important and wonderful part of a person. Do any of you feel this way? And in what ways have you grown? I hope you will share some stories Have a good day, all!

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh, it's always good to have something to believe in. Faith is a very good thing. Personally, my soul is very, very important to me. It makes up who I am- creative, intelligent, sensitive, friendly, outgoing- and without those things I'd be lost. I can't stress enough how important it is to me.

And I think within the past year, I've grown alot (mentally that is). I've realized some things that I never saw before, and figured out how to deal with the crap of everyday life.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little trivia:
A German (I think it was) coroner determined that the human soul weighs 3/4 of an ounce at the time of death. Interesting, eh?

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baptist
Activist
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The key to happiness isn't getting rid of problems. Everyone has problems. I highly recommend reading Matthew chapter 5, especially the part about the Beattitudes.

------------------
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."

-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 232 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please do not double-post. In the user agreement you signed when you signed up at Scarleteen, you agreed (among other things) not to double-post.

Incidentally, it's spelled "Beatitudes" -- only one "t". If you're going to recommend that people read something, it's courteous to make sure you spell it correctly so they can find it if they choose to look it up.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baptist
Activist
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hanne,

For your information, I wasn't double-posting, I was simply recommending the same advice.

------------------
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."

-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 232 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reposting the same thing, verbatim, in two or more threads constitutes double-posting here. If you wish to give the same advice
in two or more threads, simply giving the URL to your previous posting is adequate.

Thank you for your input.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My soul... Hm... I'm at a time in my life when I'm questioning my faith. I'm also in no hurry to decide anything. In fact, I might not decide anything ever.

However, I have established these things for myself:
1. God made me and put me here.
2. God takes lives for a reason and Ican accept that.

That's what I'm firm on. I'm not sure who God is, or anything else. As I said before, I'm in no rush. It'll take a long time for me.

What I think is kind of silly is that after I was confirmed at my church, I started question my faith. After... is the silly part. It's ok though. I might figure it all out, maybe not... I'll just have to see. So I guess that my faith is not that important to me at the moment.

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keoki, I'm not really sure who God is either. I don't know if he/she/it exists, but I've recently had a feeling that there is a supreme being. I've been an Atheist for a couple of years now, but I'm starting to question my beliefs. I think everyone does that now and then... Whether it's before or after their confirmation . My sould will always remain a strong part of me throughout my change in beliefs. And Ningrrl, I think this is awesome :

"Just a little trivia:
A German (I think it was) coroner determined that the human soul weighs 3/4 of an ounce at the time of death. Interesting, eh?"
~ningrrl

------------------
Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you've got their shoes!

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The more I learn about sub-atomic particles and particle physics and chemistry and physiology, the more I can't believe this happened by chance. I just can't believe the universe works just by chance...that all the incredible stuff the human body accomplishes effortlessly could happen by chance...to me, something (and this something would fall into the category of most people would call a God) had to have consciously created all this.
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.